We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here..part 5

Socal
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Here..part 5

Sugar rush day!

No early wake up today to catch waves; rather a day to catch breakfast!

Based on recommendations here, we headed to the Castaway Cafe. No wait and a great location on the beach.

The Mac pancakes were amazing, and gigantic! Smothered in crushed nuts and doused in coconut syrup, they was wonderful. At that point, the day was bright blue with light winds and we relished the time there. The service was quick and the cost reasonable...thanks for the lead.

Off to Lahaina for walk around and shopping. Warm and humid as we perused the various vendors. ABC Stores on nearly every block and all with the same items! Daughter found a cute top..for me, I'm heading to the cycling shop sometime next week to grab a jersey to add to my collection.

I really like town and spent quite a bit of time while the girls were out and about just watching the folks cruise by.

Getting thirsty? Well, okay, let's take a little jaunt off the sidewalk and right into Ululani's Shave Ice. I went for the guava, mango, passion orange (the Sunset Beach) one. The flavors just light up your mouth and the smoothness of the ice is remarkable. This ain't no snow cone! Definately will return there again and again in the next week!

Well, clouds are now over and the sun ducking in and out.....girls are having lunch..for me, I don't need a thing.

…photobucket.com/albums/…IMG_1421.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…IMG_1453.jpg

…photobucket.com/albums/…IMG_1444.jpg

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here..part 5

Yeah!!! Another Castaway and Ululani convert...think we should get a commission. My Hubbie loves sitting on the sea wall in Lahaina and people watching while I shop...any offers of Maui Wowie? HA

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here..part 5

Aloha,

Ahhh, so glad you went to Castaway's! Their lunches are really good too-and their "lighter menu", AKA pupu menu, is a good one as well. Isn't it a great location?

You made a great choice since it's been overcast most of the day--even earlier this morning--up north. I know your views were much nicer there at MKV & Castaway's.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here..part 5

I always love pictures. Everything, including Lahaina harbor, looks really yummy.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here..part 5

Considered a Kapalua hike this afternoon but moved that to another day. Looks like daughter and I will head to the beach, while wife hits the gym. Yeah, it's gone overcast and cooler for sure. It was very warm, still and sunny in town...love the microclimes.

Pasta dinner booked for tonight on our lanai, with freshly sliced pineapple and nice dinner salad...non-fat ranch dressing.

United States
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here..part 5

Thanx for updates & pix. I jealous... :)

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
22,660 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Here..part 5

Aloha,

Mahalo for the report

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here..part 5

Give Ono Gelato a try, next time you walk around Lahaina.

Wilmette, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here..part 5

Now I gotta go find the other reports. Great pics!

9. Re: Here..part 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 18:17