We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz or Grand Wailea

9 posts
Save Topic
Ritz or Grand Wailea

Hi everyone,

I have a big decision I need help with... Going to Maui from 7th till 16 th of Oct 2011.. Price not being an issue, could you please advise on Ritz vs Grand Wailea..in case it helps , it's our honeymoon :).

Thanks very much in advance.

M&M

Level Contributor
35,736 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz or Grand Wailea

The Ritz is in Kapalua, a very scenic area of Maui with a fantastic beach. You will be close to Kaanapali, Napili Bay and Lahaina. The Grand Wailea is in Wailea, a very pretty, upscale area of Maui. We had a nice lunch at The Grand Wailea, it is a stunning property with a beautiful beach.

Both of these places are first-class properties and will offer many nice amenities and professional service. Let us know what you decide! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz or Grand Wailea

Have you considered Four Seasons? We were going to stay at the Ritz and changed to Four seasons.

9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz or Grand Wailea

Thanks everyone... Four Seasons.. is a bit out of budget.. Sorry for the multiple posts... I am not able to delete them :(..

Thanks, Gareeb

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,428 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz or Grand Wailea

If you are big into pools go with the GW...the kid quotient should be down by then! Just for me I would choose the Ritz! The whole area is gorgeous!

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz or Grand Wailea

Just my 2 cents but the Ritz has weather issues from what I have seen. Maybe I just hit bad days

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,428 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz or Grand Wailea

longboard...depends on time of year! When did you stay there?

9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ritz or Grand Wailea

Thanks again....we like to be spoilt ...which of the 2 would be more Luxurious , rooms , service , public areas, etc

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ritz or Grand Wailea

I would go with the Ritz.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ritz or Grand Wailea

The Ritz gets approx 4 times the annual rainfall that Wailea gets.

GW is directly on the beach.

You don't hear of people checking out of GW because of the weather . . .

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,708 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ritz or Grand Wailea

Aloha,

The Ritz will be lovely in October. Yes, the area gets more rain in the winter than Wailea-or than Kaanapali and Lahaina too. But in October, I would take the Ritz any day!