We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day room for night flight?

maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
day room for night flight?

Check out is 11am and our flight is at 10:30pm. Is there any place that has a "day room" rental?

Indiana
Level Contributor
836 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: day room for night flight?

I would see if you could get a late c/o or even pay for the extra night. It would be well worth it.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
65,108 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day room for night flight?

Aloha,

If you can't get the extra time at your location, you can try the Maui Beach Hotel or the Maui Seaside. They are both in Kahului--not fancy AT ALL, but okay for a day and a place to store your luggage, clean up, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Maui Beach Hotel
Maui Beach Hotel
591 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui Seaside Hotel
Maui Seaside Hotel
1,144 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kahului
Kahului
Maui, HI
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,129 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day room for night flight?

Our flight isn't until 9:00 PM. I was just planning on doing more sightseeing during the afternoon.

You could just ask the hotel to hold your bags there and pick them up in the evening.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
65,108 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day room for night flight?

Aloha,

Mike, they may not have a hotel setup. There may not be a front desk-or if they rented through vrbo etc they may not have some privileges that resort rentals do.

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,720 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day room for night flight?

When we have a late flight we get a room at Maui Seaside. Have hnever had a problem getting an early check in. Leave our bags, enjoy the afternoon, return to hotel to shower, rest, change clothes and head to airport.

Mentioned in this post
Maui Seaside Hotel
Maui Seaside Hotel
1,144 Reviews
Maui, HI
United States
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day room for night flight?

priceline an extra day maybe?

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day room for night flight?

I think smartlabel has the right idea - I'd do a low priceline "name your own price"bid for a 2-star property in Kahului. If your bid doesn't get accepted, you can get immediate ''free'' re-bid(s) by reducing the star level, adding additional areas, and also combining both options, so start LOW! :)

pomaika`i !

Mentioned in this post
Kahului
Kahului
Maui, HI
Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
932 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day room for night flight?

Our return flight is also at 11:00pm, so I just added another night onto our condo stay, instead of trying to arrange for a day room. That way we can go swimming, do a little more touring, enjoy dinner, then come back to the condo, shower, pack, use the washer and dryer and then head to the airport about 8:00 or 9:00pm!

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,142 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: day room for night flight?

Our condo owner charged us half of the daily rate to stay until 6 p.m. I took a gamble though ... instead of booking an extra day when I made my reservation, I waited until we got there and seeing that no one was booked in the day we were leaving, I asked the owner then what the rate would be to stay late on our last day. It worked to the advantage of both the owner and us ... but that only works if you're willing to take a chance on having to leave at 11 or paying full price for that extra day when you reserve.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: day room for night flight?

We asked our condo owner if we could book the condo for late check out and he charged us 1/2 daily rate and we check out at 8:00 pm. We booked this when we booked our condo. Now we can relax and enjoy our last day without stress or worries. So worth it to us!