We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aug 31-Sept 3 Trip Report

Atlanta
Level Contributor
297 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Aug 31-Sept 3 Trip Report

Good day All,

I'm catching up on my trip reports after a long day from my last report.

Aug 31- Hubby and I intentionally got up later than normal as we were exhausted from our previous day. We ate dinner at the resort-Café Kula and made our way to the beach/pools. We found the time to explore the other side of the resort and was just in 'awe' of the lush grounds/landscaping. Nothing too exciting that day just lounged by the pools and sunbathed in the sand. We had dinner at Fred's mexican cafe in Kihei and returned to the hotel to sleep.

Sept 1- Another relaxing day. We again woke up later than usual and this would be our 'souvenir' day. We decided to have lunch at Wok Star in Kihei..catching a theme here. Kihei is only 10 min a way and offer a lot of variety on food, beaches, etc. We got back to the hotel to enjoy the pools and beaches again. It's been all sunshine for us.

We asked many locals regarding dance clubs in the area, but we quickly found out there is no such thing in Kihei. Instead there is one dance club in Lahaina. Instead, there are bars/lounges. I wanted to get my boogie on, but was quickly informed that happens in Oahu.

Sept 2- Luau day for us. We wok up again later than usual and decided that our day will be spent in Lahaina. We ate again at the resort Cafe and then head to Lahaina for Ululani's, browsing, and maybe some shopping. Our first stop would be Ululani's. I got the sunset beach, while hubby got the Coconut Lovers minus the shredded coconut but add pineapple syrup. They were delicious. We then did some shopping. We were really killing some time before the Old Lahaina Luau. the Luau was great as I enjoy big productions. I just wish that the show would actually last alot longer than it did. But overall the entire event was good. I had about 3 drinks and found most not strong enough. I'm used to top shelf. the Mai Tai was a hit. Get the bar to make it with an extra shot. After the show, we drove back to Wailea and went to bed.

Sept 3-Out last full day before departing tomorrow. We booked zipline tour with Eco Adventures for 7am. We decided early for two reasons. 1- it would be cooler and 2- we could spend our last day soaking up as much beach/pool time before heading home. We were late to the tour, but they waited on us. We were only 5 minutes late and I was uptight at hubby for making us late. He moves too slow. Anyway, overall it was an excellent experience. Our tour guides Jordan and 'L' were such a pleasure to speak to, get information regarding the area. They took their time with me. I was the chicken out of the group. It was 12 of us all together. Just when I had the zipline down (the initial take off), Jordan and 'L" decided to add in tricks and suggested we jump off backwards. I prayed each time it was my turn, and took about 5 deep breaths before jumping off. I'll provide a complete review later.

After the tour, we decided to have lunch. This time at Fat Daddy's Smokehouse..guess where....yep you guessed it in Kihei., After lunch, head back to the room, change into our swimming gear and pool and beach time.

Tonight we have reservations at the Humuhumunukunukuapua’a on site here at the resort.

if any of you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Tomorrow we depart Maui headed for Atlanta. Time has flew by for this trip to Maui.

United States
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aug 31-Sept 3 Trip Report

Thanks for the trip report!

Level Contributor
35,724 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aug 31-Sept 3 Trip Report

Sounds very nice! We also loved the Shave Ice at Ululani's! :)

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,627 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aug 31-Sept 3 Trip Report

Aloha,

Glad you've taken the time to RELAX!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aug 31-Sept 3 Trip Report

I can totally relate to the "slow" hubby but hopefully when we get to Maui I can sloooowww down enough to not let it bug me as much as it does at home :-)

Thanks for the TR sounds like you are having a splendid time!

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aug 31-Sept 3 Trip Report

Yay, you did the zipline! Hoping to talk my chronically late DH into doing that next year. Sorry your time on Maui is coming to an end. I hope you have a fabulous meal tonight.

6. Re: Aug 31-Sept 3 Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 00:17