Back in May, with the help of the fine TA folks, I proposed to my girlfriend down in Turks & Caicos Islands. The wedding is going down in less than 2 months. Now, we're back looking for some help with our honeymoon in Feb ’12. We're postponing our honeymoon until Feb due to work scheduling and the proximity of holidays.
We’re from Chicago and in our mid-to-late 30’s. I’m tasked with planning the honeymoon. But the soon-to-be Mrs has final approval, of course. :) Problem is, I’ve never been to Hawaii. The amount of information is overwhelming to me. Here’s what we’d like to do on our honeymoon:
- Split 10 nights on 2 islands. Tentative Feb 11 – Feb 21/22. We thought maybe Oahu and Maui. Is one or the other better to fly in/out from Chi?
- Hotel budget is around $200-$250/night. Is that do-able for a decent hotel? We’re looking for quieter more “honeymoonie” hotels. :)
- Visit Pearl Harbor
- Take a couple of tours, maybe Jeep tour (if there’s such a thing) and a helicopter tour of the waterfalls. We have no clue which island has these tours
- Sit on the beach and relax
Some questions we have:
- Is it better to fly into Oahu or Maui? Are there local flights between the islands or do we need to book that when we book the trip?
- Which island would be better to visit first? Are there other islands that is quieter, more romantic than Maui or Oahu?
- Does anyone know which airline is preferred to fly non-stop from Chi ?
We would appreciate any tips and guidance.