We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
759 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

What brought you back?

LA
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

Have you been to Maui?

'Nuf said

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

The additiction of paradise. There is not one thing but rather the entire experience.

Hawaii is like no other place on earth.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

The Maui Magic....

There is a special energy, some call it the Aloha spirit that is Maui and once you are there and allow it to envelop you, there is no mistaking it's power. It causes you to feel peaceful and relaxed and have the "It's all good" or "It is what it is " attitude....

Once you have truely experienced it, it becomes an addiction....something you want more and more of, and each time you return the addiction becomes stronger.

One can simply close their eyes and dream of Maui and feel some of it's power and magic no matter where they are, that is why many of us fritter away countless hours on this forum :-)

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

….an airplane brought me back. It also took me away.

Like any place in the world a location can grab your inner soul and find you longing to be in the place that makes you feel most comfortable, at home, peaceful and centered. The islands of Hawaii does that to me.

My first visit to Maui was as a young teen in the early '80s. Yes, I'm in my 40's. Amazingly, Hawaii was not a premier destination for me at that time as even in my early teens I had traveled to numerous countries around the world. Hawaii, kind of seemed mundane, but some place I should at least see and check off my list. I was pleasantly surprised and realized that I felt a certain peace, happiness, contentment when I walked on Hawaiian soil. Family history may have something to do with that, but I won't emphasize that at this time.

Some people rush back to Cancun, St. Thomas or Cabo San Lucas year after year. I admit I have been to those places numerous times, but not because they hold my essence or focus my being. While those are all wonderful destinations there is something to be said about Maui, Oahu and the rest of Hawaii as it can capture your inner being and before you know it your life becomes entwined in a place thousands of miles in the pacific.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,010 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

What brings me back?

Maluaka Beach

Moanakala

Kapalua Bay

Honolua Bay

Kahekili Beach Park

Ulua Beach

Hana

Hamoa Beach

Oheo Gulch

Pipiwai Trail

Molokini

Hookipa Beach

Whales

Dolphins

Turtles

Fish

Chicago
Level Contributor
549 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

I keep saying I'm going to go back to Brazil, visit Argentina, travel to Greece, etc. And yet, for the 3rd year in a row, I'm heading back to Maui! More than any other vacation I've been on, its just so RELAXING. If I was more of a partier, or drinker, or needed nightlife, I may rethink Maui but I'm not and thats why I love it! Early to bed, early to rise... just my style!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

We have been to Maui 8 times, March 2012 will be trip number 9! Ever since the first time I stepped off the plane (1993) and inhaled that tropical air (even with a hint of jetfuel) I was hooked!!! Warm sun, warm sand, warm ocean and warm Aloha! Counting the days...

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

Five times and I still haven't done everything on msfuzz's list.

Indiana
Level Contributor
836 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

I first went to Maui on my honeymoon 26 years ago. I was too young and dumb to appreciate the pure beauty of the island.

6 years ago, my husband and I went back to celebrate our 20th anniversary. It was this trip that I knew that Maui would be in my heart and soul forever. Words can hardly describe the feeling once you deplane and feel the warm air and smell the plumeria. You are immediately in the relaxation mode. Since this trip, I have been to Maui about 10 times. I do not want to venture anywhere else.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

Re: Who has gone on vacation to Maui more than one time?

Sep 08, 2011, 12:41 PM

Have you been to Maui?

'Nuf said

This exactly! Trip # 5 is coming up in 9 days!!!!!