We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hale Pau Hana in Kihei - Kid friendly?

Seattle
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Hale Pau Hana in Kihei - Kid friendly?

Hello,

I think we've just about decided on this place for our family reunion in March. But I did notice that many of the units are "Adults Only" rentals. Trust me, with a 3 and 5 year old I can understand why someone would enforce that. But is it child-friedly in general? Noise, kids in pool, etc. We were all set to rent units at the Royal Mauian till I read about permanent residents yelling over their rails at kids in the pool for...um..having fun.

Thanks in advance!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
6 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hale Pau Hana in Kihei - Kid friendly?

We have stayed at the Hale Pau Hana on three occasions, without children, and can assure you that children are not a problem. The kids are welcome in the pool with adult supervision. Yes, they do make a little noise at times but it isn't an issue. I have never heard any of the resident owners or renters complain. If you are fortunate enough to be there when they have an evening show, the kids get to participate in the hula. Go for it.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
973 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hale Pau Hana in Kihei - Kid friendly?

The only people I see in the pool at Hale Pau Hana are kids. I stay at HPH often and will be there again in 2 weeks, you can rest easy that kids are welcome at HPH.

Seattle
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hale Pau Hana in Kihei - Kid friendly?

Awesome. Thanks!

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hale Pau Hana in Kihei - Kid friendly?

I will say that 3 and 5 year olds are nothing compared to unsupervised 12 and 14 year old. And drunk adults can trump even the young teen set when it comes to noise and annoying behavior.

Seattle
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hale Pau Hana in Kihei - Kid friendly?

10-4 on that!

6. Re: Hale Pau Hana in Kihei - Kid friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 19:16