We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Maui!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Maui!

My wife and I are lucky enough to revisit Maui again after several years.

Would love to catch a game of the Maui Invitational. Any advice on getting tickets? Will I be able to get them easier on the island?

We are relatively new to scuba diving (certified) and would love to go on a diving trip in Maui. Any recommendations on dive shops and trips would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
49,521 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Maui!

Aloha,

Tickets for the premium games are already sold out. There are still some available for some of the other "booster" packages......at 330/PP. Very few single games tickets out yet-you can check a site like StubHub and see what's up. It will be a scramble to get tickets during the tournament-and be careful of offers on things like craigslist.

For scuba, I rec Lahaina Divers and Extended Horizons the most.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Maui!

I liked Extended Horizons though havent dived with them for quite a few years. They are Lahaina based, if you are in the Kihei area I'd recommend b&b scuba

rjf
LA
Level Contributor
221 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving in Maui!

Not sure where you are staying. If you are in South Maui, give Maui Dreams Dive Co. a call. I dove with them the last time I was in Maui and loved them. I am headed back to Maui the week before Thanksgiving and I will be diving with them again.

They do lots of shore dives in South Maui with very small groups. This is great for a new diver. They also have boat dives.

Have fun.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving in Maui!

I too recommend Maui Dreams Dive Co. I'm not a diver but buy all my snorkel equipment from them. Great staff!!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving in Maui!

Thanks for all the advice.

Bad news regarding availability of the tickets. Was hoping I'd be able to buy on island.

Will look into Lahaina Divers and Extended Horizons more than Maui Dreams as we will be in Kaanapali area.

Thanks again.

6. Re: Thanksgiving in Maui!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:19