We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

Are there currently any nonstop flights from Chicago to Maui?

Illinois
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

We fly UAL(flight 0623) direct to Maui. Believe that flight now only runs on Saturdays. Not sure about other airlines.

Edited: 16 October 2011, 23:56
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,875 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

Not sure if one is available currently, but check carefully if you think you've found one.

We thought we had booked nonstop from ORD to OGG on United. That's how it appears on United website and a year ago we did fly United nonstop. The flight time appeared as 10 and a half hours and that seemed too long. We then noticed on tripit phone app (great app) that there is a 2hour stop in San Fransisco! Same plane but nonstop? No.

Still happy to be in Maui by 6PM though.

Have you checked kayak.com? I think they will show you all available flights.

Aloha!

Park Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

623 is nonstop from ORD to OGG. I have taken it a few times.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

I just checked kayak.com. There were no nonstop flights listed--only one- and two-stop flights.

Park Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

Can't trust everything you read as Kayak missed the direct. I'm on a nonstop UAL #623 in a few weeks. Might not run everyday.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

What day of the week does your flight leave? I went to the United website and plugged in "flexible dates." I basically am interested in a flight in January 2012. The results did not include #623 and only listed one-stop flights. Is flight 623 going to be discontinued next year?

Litchfield Park...
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

Go to the UAL website and you will see 623 on every Sat. in Jan. 2012.

Departs 9:55, arrives Maui 3:10.

Park Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

It's odd as the flight times are changed slightly in Jan compared to my upcoming flight times. Both take off a few minutes before 10am but mine lands at 1:46pm and the Jan flight lands at 3:10. It still seems to suggest being non-stop but I guess the extra 1:30 could accommodate an island hopper stop. Perhaps they are padding the times to make their on time arrival percentage go up.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

I am feeling very non-Internet savvy! Please grovide me with a link. I just cannot find flight 623 on the United site. Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nonstop flights to Maui from Chicago

I finally found flight 623. The problem was that it was sold out on certain days. On what day of the week is the return from Maui to Chicago? I guess, unfortunately, you do have to come back at some point to the cold weather!