We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

...It was a dark and stormy night...

no...wait...too cheesy.

Yes, my friends...mrs. shears and i are here....finally. we've made it back to maui to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary/10th since we met...and our belated honeymoon after being married at kapalua bay in '09.

it actually was a dark and stormy morning when we left from phoenix. flight departed at 8:00 a.m. (AZ time) and arrived at OGG at 2ish p.m. picked up rental car from alamo-booked thru costco. of course mrs. shears had to do some shopping immediately after getting groceries at foodland market (she picked up a new dress near the honokowai farmers market).

we are now off to get some long awaited dinner at lahaina pizza co. mmmmm a pitcher sounds really, really good about now.

tomorrow morning we head out with the trilogy lana'i snorkel/van tour. i probably won't post much in the next couple days or so...but will try to log on fairly often.

ALOHA!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

Congrats on 2 years. It's certainly a thrill...

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

Billy.....you are in the right place.....it's freezing here in AZ! It is supposed to get down in the 40's tonight so enjoy that Maui breeze this evening.

I came home from work tonight and told the DH it was COLD in the house but not enough to turn the heater on just yet!

Enjoy every moment on Maui.

Aloha

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

thanks beyondnback...

yep, we sure are maryann. it was really cold when we left this morning...brrrrr. it's kind of kona weather here today...but who cares...it's maui.

now just to let folks know....i know how much people love to talk about food and where they ate. well, as some know...i'm vegetarian (mrs. shears is not). so....all the food you'll read me post about will be vegetarian. (i can hear the channels change now...lol)

we had dinner as posted above at the lahaina pizza co. wow...just as good as prior times when it was bj's chicago pizzaria. we had the fried provolone appetizer...wow...seriously good. we ordered a deep dish mushroom pizza. really, really good...nice light crust...yum! mrs. shears had the bikini blonde ale...and i had the mbc big swell ipa...delicious.

we're toast....it's that time....nitol!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,434 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

Glad you finally made it back...try to leave Maui in one piece and have a blast!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
351 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

With a little luck...

Have fun, still cloudy and cold for Phoenix, so enjoy!

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

Enjoy your stay Billy. Watch out for the jumbo meatball sandwich at Lahaina Pizza. Number one son was a little bloated.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

Hey Billy...ya got back! As a fellow veggie (thanks for the tips last Aug), I do want to point out that shave ice is an allowed meal!

BTW, Cool Cat Cafe definately had good veggie fare. Vicki and I really liked the burgers.

Have fun...be sure to post a few pix for us of both you at Kapalua remembering your wedding.

Level Contributor
35,753 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

Sounds like you're having a great time in Maui! :)

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,545 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

Hey, Billy & Mrs Billy have a great visit. Look forward to your reports. Are you headed to the South side for a day???

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,841 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: With a little help from my friends. A rock & ROLLING T.R.

Aloha,

Yes......it's true, Billy's back! I felt the earthquake as he ran for the beach at Maui Kai!

Welcome back, and have a wonderful time on Trilogy today!!