We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It must be addictive!!

Providence, Utah
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
It must be addictive!!

The girlfriend and I went to Maui for the first time last February. Lurked and researched for months on the forums before I went. Just booked for February 2012. We are already talking about 2013. It must be addictive.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,464 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It must be addictive!!

Welcome to a large...and growing club!!

Indiana
Level Contributor
836 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: It must be addictive!!

YES, it is. I just returned home Sunday and am already trying to plan a trip to return. I just can't get enough of this island.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,408 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It must be addictive!!

Maui does get into your heart and soul!! Have a great time.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
808 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It must be addictive!!

it's very addictive.. I'm here now.. such an amazing peaceful feeling.. this was trip 13 for me.. but it's been 3 years since I've been....

We just booked for March 2012... couldn't bear to go home without knowing we could come back.. I better not get used to this... LOL...

Maui how I love you... I am so at peace here... the only thing I don't understand is the people that come here and party loud, drink too much and generally don't "feel the island"... they are truly missing out on the real aloha of Maui...

Providence, Utah
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It must be addictive!!

In all reality the condo has been booked since about last April. I knew I was going back before I even came home from the first trip. The plane tickets are what just got booked and it doesn't feel like a real trip until you have an itinerary printed out in front of you. In all reality, there is about a 90% chance that I'll have the 2013 condo booked before I ever leave for the 2012 trip.

We are taking the kids this year. A 15, 11, and 10 year old. I'm sure the dynamics of the trip will change. But, we figured we ought to take the kids at least once every other year. I think kids will be content hanging out on a beach all day everyday, which is good. On the first trip I learned that being a beach bum seems to suit me just fine.

Last year we stayed at the Whaler and absolutely loved it. However, this year we are staying in Kihei. It gives me more research to do until it is go time.

Duluth MN
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: It must be addictive!!

Yep, it can be quite addictive. My kind of addiction, too. :)

Lee

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It must be addictive!!

We end up staying longer and longer each trip. With any luck, one day we simply won't leave.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,099 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It must be addictive!!

Aloha,

Yeah!!! Another member of the club, LOL. Happy planning-it will be such fun for you to have the kids here this time.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,958 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: It must be addictive!!

Eh.... it is like having a steak for the first time at Outback (Maui) and you are amazed and blown away at how great it is. If you keep going back and never expose yourself to Peter Luger (Kauai) or Keen's (Big Island) you keep thinking that Outback has great steak :)

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
974 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: It must be addictive!!

I think I'd move there if it didn't mean immigrating!