We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The perfect Maui beach

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The perfect Maui beach

Okay folks need to know where the perfect beach is on Maui ???? I realize everyone's perfect is different, but please tell what your perfect beach is.

Cheers

Marjorie

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
534 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The perfect Maui beach

My vote is for Kapalua.

Perfect crescent beach, great snorkeling, nice parking lot, restroom.

Of course there are so many others that are great, too. You will get many varied replies.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The perfect Maui beach

Marjmy

Your staying in Napili right? which is where we stayed in march which I thought was pretty perfect if you didn't want to get in the car lol.

But if you want to the know the beach we loved the most getting in a car and driving to it I would say it was Malu'aka Beach in front of the Makena Resort Hotel best in the morning.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The perfect Maui beach

I'm with Stracci...hard to beat Kapalua Bay Beach. Not very secluded, if that is what you are looking for, but everything else is perfect for us.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
149 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The perfect Maui beach

Maluaka Beach in Makena.. Beautiful beach, soft sand, great snorkeling, wonderful views.....aaahhh, wish I were there now. :-)

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,542 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The perfect Maui beach

Aloha,

In addition to the ones mentioned above, the stretch of Kaanapali Beach between the Royal Lahaina and the Sheraton is great.......wide, uncrowded, and peaceful.

Level Contributor
34,218 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The perfect Maui beach

Napili and Kapalua are pretty near perfect, especially early in the morning before the crowds start to arrive. At Kapalua there is also a nice shade tree with a small grassy area if you want a break from the sun. Have fun! :)

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The perfect Maui beach

Gotta give a shout out to Keawakapu on the border between Kihei and Wailea!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The perfect Maui beach

My perfect beach is one that is somewhat isolated, not filled with people, gentle waves, easy entry for snorkeling and good for swimming. Maluaka Beach in front of the Makena Beach and Golf Resort fits that bill. My other favorite is Kapalua Bay in north/west Maui.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The perfect Maui beach

Kapalua. It gets particularly amazing just before sunset when the population thins to just a few holdouts waiting for the ocean to swallow the sun..

Aloha, NKO

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The perfect Maui beach

If I told you my perfect beach it wouldnt be perfect any longer :)