We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timee from Hana to the Pools

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
361 posts
266 reviews
Save Topic
Timee from Hana to the Pools

How much time does it take to drive from Hana to the Oheo Pools? I am trying to see if we have enough time in the morning before we checkout of our lodging so that our luggage is safe. I wasn't planning on hiking the Pipiwai Trail.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,099 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timee from Hana to the Pools

Aloha,

Maybe 20 minutes....it's not far.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
361 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timee from Hana to the Pools

Great!! Thank you. We should have time then. I also just discovered that our checkout is an hour later than I thought. I want to make sure our lugguage is safe. I was planning on checking in the evening before and seeing Hamoa beach and the other Hana areas and then the pools in the morning before the crowds get there.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,408 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timee from Hana to the Pools

If you go about a mile past the pools you will find Charles Lindbergh's grave. Beautiful area to visit and then turn around and hit the pools!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
361 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timee from Hana to the Pools

Actually I had decided this morning that we would add the Lindbergh Grave to the trip after I saw some nice photos of the area.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,834 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timee from Hana to the Pools

Not sure of where you are staying, but is it possible that the owners would let you store it safely at the "office"? Then you would have time to do the Pipiwai trail. It would add another two hours to your morning. Then you could just pick up the luggage on your way out.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
361 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timee from Hana to the Pools

I will investigate that, but it is a single unit. Not sure that they would do that. I have asked if they will give us an additional hour.

7. Re: Timee from Hana to the Pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2013, 10:17