We just sort of spontaneously booked a seat sale to Maui without checking out accommodation availability, because the price was right and we had the time off. But unfortunately after looking around on expedia and vrbo for a few hours, it looks like there's not much left. We will be there from December 28 - January 4, and are looking for suggestions. Here's what we're hoping for:
- doesn't have to be beach front; I have heard that nice beaches are often across the street from some of the less expensive places.
- because this is our honeymoon, we are watching out $$ and are hoping to not have to spend more than $200 total per night including taxes.
- we'd be open to condos, cabins, hotels with a fridge - it doesn't need to be fancy, but we want some place clean.
- also to save money a bit, we'd like to have a place where we can do at least some food prep (or at the very least food storage - fridge)
- we were able to book a car at a decent rate, so at least we will be mobile. But we'd still like to be close enough to a grocery store, etc. that we can easily pick up food.
Any suggestions?? I hope we can find somewhere - it would be crappy if it ended up being a mistake to book this seat sale!
PS: we will be there a total of 2 weeks, so will plan to go to another island for the second week...once we have a place lined up in Maui, then I might be back asking for suggestions on which other island to go to to give us different scenery/activities than Maui.