We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lahaina shores with baby?

Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Lahaina shores with baby?

This will be our first trip to Hawaii. We are looking at booking Lahaina shores. Has anyone stayed here with a baby? Do they have cribs or so I have to bring a portable one from home?

Does this hotel have beach chairs? Is there a resort fee? Parking fee?

Thanks for the help!

United States
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lahaina shores with baby?

Anyone stayed here?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
56,714 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lahaina shores with baby?

Aloha,

Lahaina Shores is a decent condo complex, right down in Lahaina town. However, many of your questions can't really be answered here. Parking fees, cribs, etc. will vary by who you book through. If you book a vrbo unit, you may have to pay some, all, or none....and rent a crib. Or, perhaps not. If you book through management, same thing!

Is there a reason you're only looking at Lahaina Shores? There are many condo complexes with lawn areas and better beaches than it.

Duluth MN
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lahaina shores with baby?

We've stayed there several times, never with a baby, so don't know about the crib.

Many lounge chairs, mostly in the yard (between the resort and the beach), but they also put several chairs out on the beach; first come first served, it looks like.

No resort fees.

Parking is $8/day. (we always book through All About Hawaii, never directly through the owners, so don't know what the difference may be here or whatever other fees there might be by booking thru owner)

Coin-operated laundry on almost all the floors.

If you do go there, the oceanfront is worth the extra money.

As swmarket says, not the best beach. Nice for walking in the morning, which my wife and I always appreciate. You get to walk past the instructors at Goofy Foot Surfing School training in the latest crop of "newbies" before they try their hand at surfing in what are usually small waves.

If you call the hotel direct at 808-661-4835, ask for either Laura or Allison. Both have been there a long time and are very pleasant to talk to and can answer questions which I can't.

With the understanding that our situation is likely different than yours, we love it there. Also easy walking access to all the shops, stores, restaurants on Front Street. Close to the Lahaina Harbor and various excursions.

Hope this helps!

Lee

Edited: 29 November 2011, 03:39
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lahaina shores with baby?

www.wizardpub.com/maui/mrlahainashores.html for a view.

and a brief write up.

no resort fee, fee for internet, and not many beach chairs. $8 parking. Lee says it all, you may want to call about the crib. usually under amentities they list crib or rollaway bed. Lahaina Shores does not list any. below is a place to rent on maui if they do not have cribs. If you rent a studio, it may not be big enough to put a crib in it due to fire codes. you may want to check that as well. Below is a rental website. never used it. Maybe someone can comment on it.

http://easytravelhi.com/default.aspx

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lahaina shores with baby?

I am an owner at Lahaina Shores with a VRBO listing; other owners participate together and that block is managed like a hotel. As you will have a baby, I would recommend that you book directly with the hotel at: 866-934-9176 as hotel guests get daily maid service, which I would think comes in handy with a baby. Roll-aways are available for a fee. Check on that and reserve it when you make your reservation. My nephew is coming out to visit us in January, and I booked him directly with the hotel. He still hasn't decided if he will rent a crib or bring one of the folding ones.

Also, just to clear confusion, if you book through the hotel, parking is $8.00/day. If you book directly with a condo owner, the rate is $3.50/day. The difference is just part of the hotel management stuff. Good news is that there are no 'resort fees' like you may encounter up the beach in Ka'anapali.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
56,714 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lahaina shores with baby?

Aloha,

Great info, Daggar! Thanks for posting it.

7. Re: Lahaina shores with baby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 20:16