We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary comments/suggestions

Michigan
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary comments/suggestions

Here is our plan for 2 weeks

Trillogy to Lanai (I went before and thought my Daughter would enjoy)

Haleakala Bike co sunrise (plan to drive to base HQ from Kaanapali so we have car there)

Blue water rafting co (unsure if 5.5 or express 2 hour to molokini)

Sun brunch Kaanapali Beach hotel

Surf lesson with goofyfoot and rent SUP

power hang gliding with Armin in Hana (tour there and back)

Beach, whales, local food, hopefully monk seals

Aloha and thank you for your input.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary comments/suggestions

You will probably want to schedule a sunrise visit to Haleakala in the first couple of days you are on Maui. Your body will still be on central time & getting up early will be easier. What time of year are you coming?

Michigan
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary comments/suggestions

We will be there tomorrow!!!! 6:30 PM Thought we would do a day or two of R&R? Trying to space out these long adventures. I is killer to get up so early and maybe 1 day R&R will do. We are 5 hrs different.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,201 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary comments/suggestions

You will wake VERY early the first two days. I'd skip the bikes and just go explore in the crater. (The bike down the volcano does not start inside the park.)

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary comments/suggestions

Tomorrow! lucky you! I have to wait until March :( As I remember, we did sunrise to Haleakala on our second day & I must say one of the best recommendations I got off these forums was to make the sunrise early in our trip. Waking up at 3:00 was still hard, but it would have been harder later in the trip. On the day we did sunrise, we also did a horseback ride on Pi'iholo ranch which was great.

Michigan
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary comments/suggestions

chisu, Yes it probably is good to do it on day 2 (my daughter really wants to do the bike) I have done it twice before and love the view going down and the sunrise. Not sure I want to hike in the crater.

Michigan
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary comments/suggestions

Thank you pretty kitties,

I guess we will do it day 2. Horseback sounds fun too! I just want to do lots without being too scheduled. Daughter loves her beach time.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
56,438 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary comments/suggestions

Aloha,

Looks pretty good to me--mostly because you DON'T have a ton scheduled. This leaves you time to go wander over to Ho'okipa and watch the windsurfers, do some or all of the Upcountry are by car, I'ao Valley, the Coastal Trail by Kapalua, maybe even take the ferry over to Lana'i for a day.

8. Re: Itinerary comments/suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2012, 10:18