We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain at a luau

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
303 reviews
Save Topic
Rain at a luau

I was just wondering what happens (other than getting wet) when it rains at a luau. Specifically the Old Lahina one with no covering.

Do they have provisions for this or are we on our own?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
869 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain at a luau

At germaines they gave us all yellow cheap plastic poncho's and the food got wet, the dancers got wet, but the show went on

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain at a luau

Oh my

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,045 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain at a luau

Ditto Frozen. It was a nice, misty rain and lent a magical feel to the evening.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
869 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain at a luau

Misty would have been nice,

Try torrential down pour with lightning.

But its Hawaii and I couldnt be bothered with the jacket, I rather get wet.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain at a luau

Aloha,

It depends on how much rain. The OLL is on Lahaina town, which is typically VERY dry. There, you might get a mist, but since Lahaina town normally gets very little rain at any time of year, chances are good you won't even get that.

If we are in a storm system, they will cancel the luau. You will be offered the option of a refund or re-booking.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain at a luau

Thank you swmarket and everyone. I'm glad to hear that Lahaina is very dry and will take my chances there and at the end of the trip do Polynesian Center one with the elaborate show :-)

St. Stephen, SC
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain at a luau

We had a Luau planned for Sunday night, and they called us just after noon to cancel because rain was forcast. We are waiting for a refund. Meanwhile we booked a different luau and it went on even though it rained the whole time. It was not a downpour, but a heavy mist that really made it tough to take pictures. My daughter used the cloth napkin from dinner to cover her shoulders. It was not enough to ruin the night.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain at a luau

I called about the old Lahina Luau and they told me they would cancel if it rained. We also booked the Polynesian Center on Oahu so we shoud be fine. you for all your responses.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain at a luau

Aloha,

You're welcome. Remember that "rain" and "passing showers" are two different things here........but as I previously said, Lahaina is one of the driest areas of Maui. You should be fine!

10. Re: Rain at a luau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 10:20