We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well, that's not fair.....

Socal
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Well, that's not fair.....

sigh.....talk about last minute. On Monday, my brother and his family and my mom decided to jump on a cruise heading from Socal to the Islands. The cruise leaves today! (his MIL was already going on this journey).

So they get to stop off on Maui for a day. Not fair 'cause they were there when we were on the island in August. Boo! Hisss!

'Course the downside is that this is really a tease. All they get is one day to quickly run in to grab a shave ice. and I ordered a pineapple brought home for me.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,204 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Well, that's not fair.....

I'm sure they'll have a blast, and it was great that your brother and his family were able to get last minute bookings at this busy time of year ... but you're right ... the time on the islands is too short. Those 8 days spent going to HI and back again are days that could have been spent enjoying time on the islands!

Socal
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Well, that's not fair.....

It's a lot of ocean time....two week cruise with just 1 day stops on Maui, BI, Oahu and Kauai. But no airlines to deal with plus time to just sit and enjoy the days. Since we were all on the island for a good two weeks+ a couple of months ago, no hurry to try to cover sights.

But I know this would drive me CRAZY! to just show up for a few hours and then leave. I would somehow just 'miss the boat' and be stuck there for a while!

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Well, that's not fair.....

nesdog...

somehow i sense that road trip is slip sliding away. karnack says: i see maui in your near future...

Edited: 21 December 2011, 17:02
Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Well, that's not fair.....

I mentioned the proliferation of holiday cruises and the great deals out of California to Hawaii about 90 days ago.

I ran into people on Kauai when I vacationed there with my son a few weeks ago who were having a blast on Princess.

The good deals were because some of the ships that use to do Mexico exclusively have moved to more desirable and salient Hawaii this season.

Hope they have fun!

Socal
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Well, that's not fair.....

Not gonna happen Billy! Rented us a nice house and really looking forward to our time in central Ore. but.........

That doesn't mean I wouldn't ENTERTAIN the idea of doing a little jump over in addition if the opportunity presented itself!

Let's see if that Maui Gold my mom will bring home inspires me!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,569 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Well, that's not fair.....

Depending on your road trip, nes...the flights out of Portland may be appealing! Don't get me wrong we've had some wonderful trips to central Oregon. Bend is really a fave!

7. Re: Well, that's not fair.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2012, 10:17