My boyfriend and I will be in Maui at the beginning of February. I'm planning a quiet day for our first day just hanging out by the resort and doing a snorkeling excursion. Then on Saturday doing a trip around the north end through Lahina and all the way around. We'll have Sunday open (may do Haliakela) and then do Hana on Monday. I was looking for some info though:
1) Is it worth going all the way around the north shore past Lahina read about the Blowhole and Olivine Pools, are these worth seeing?
2) Is the road around the north ok to travel as we are staying at the Grand Wailea?
3) Is it better to drive the Hana or do a tour? It'll only be us two so want us both to enjoy it.
4) Heard lots of stories of not leaving stuff in cars...what do you do with cameras and such then when you go swimming?
5) Any thoughts on doing one of the sunset cruises?