We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals shot up overnight in Maui for late March?????

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rentals shot up overnight in Maui for late March?????

Like allot of you on this forum I check my prices daily when i have a trip comming up. Anyone else notice the price for car rentals on Maui doubled in teh last 2 days? Any chance they will go back down?

I am not to worried as I did reserve a decent rate with Thrifty already, but i had planned to pick up a much cheaper rate by bidding on priceline as I have for past trips.

I will keep watching

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals shot up overnight in Maui for late March?????

I just got a quote from Hawaii Drive-0 for a convertible 3/26-3/31 for 369... Still seems reasonable to me!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,000 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals shot up overnight in Maui for late March?????

Aloha,

Do remember that Easter is April 8th. If you are renting over that time (not before like Jarcure) it may stay high.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals shot up overnight in Maui for late March?????

All of Oregon schools take their spring breaks the last week of March every year so you got that going for you.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rentals shot up overnight in Maui for late March?????

I was waiting for a price drop on convertible early Feb. instead it went to to sold at five different agencies. Overnight. Far far different from last July.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rentals shot up overnight in Maui for late March?????

The price I have locker in is 380 for midsized for 14 days. Not bad at all, but in past years I got this for closer to 300-325. Right now the best price I can find is 500+. I am glad I reserved early.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
625 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rentals shot up overnight in Maui for late March?????

They went up for late April to...but they could come down again. I got in before they went up, whew!

7. Re: Car Rentals shot up overnight in Maui for late March?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2013, 10:23