We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
Save Topic
Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

I was adjusting my "rabbit ears" on my big 32 inch solid state TV yesterday to "The Bold and The Beautiful", on my day off from the filling station here in Hana, and it hit hard....Like a big fat coconut on the head.......

"Here in Hana, where do I tune my TV (I ain't got no cable or Directed TV or Netflux you know) to see them Houston Texans beat up on the Baltimore Ravens this Sunday?"

Also if you could please answer this here too. You see MsFuzz is coming over to visit and we is gonna watch them Broncos beat those silly Patriots.

"So what channel here in Hana is gonna carry that Bronco win over the Patriots?"

I got pretty good reception on my "ears" on KGMB (CBS), KITV (ABC), and KHON (Fox). And, we do get the PBS station, but except for Abigail none of us hardly watch it.

I hope I learn something from y'all 'cause you know....Luke is pretty keen to be watching that Texan RB Arian Foster run that ball like a wild stallion, and he really likes that young feller QB Tim T-Bone of the Broncos to throw that ball and make some miracles. (What a nice respectable gentleman that Mr. Tim is ain't he?)

So we is wondering if someone could give us the channel selections a few days early OK?

Like I already said, MsFuzz is coming over, bringing a 12 pack of Lolo beer (that's for all you Kliban cat fans out there), and she's making her signature guacamole bean dip, and delicious cheese enchiladas.

So send me that channel info please if you will dear friends. I only hope there's no sun spot disturbances like before, that sometimes wreak havoc with my airwave transmissions. And that includes bad VOG too. LOL

GO TEXANS! GO DENVER! To misquote Al Davis, "Just win, baby win!"

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

You poor poor soul. I hope you get your TV ears figured out before the weekend or I can see your situation is going to become desperate. Remember on Gilligan's Island when a big fat cable washed ashore and they were able to get NFL games for a weekend (at least that's what I remember). Maybe you should start fishing around in the lagoon for a transocean cable. I bet msfuzz can get reception on her 4G smartphone.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

both teams are the underdogs and will air saturday and sunday on CBS, you better get more lolo cans/bottles its gonna be a long weekend. シ

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

The Broncos are playing the Pats on Saturday night on CBS (8pm EST) and your beloved Texans are going to beat up on the Ravens Sunday morning on CBS (1pm EST). That means them Texans are gonna be playin' perty early out there in Hana!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,390 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

Julauf, Not only does MsFuzz have the 4G maybe even the 4Gs but I also heard she got an Ipad. Caddy, with all the technology that she will be packing up with the enchiladas you will be OK.. But incase the signal is weak, have you thought about sending up a weather balloon with one of the kids in it to adjust the rabbit ears for perfect reception. Do remember to tie a rope to the balloon so you can haul your baby back home.

New York
Level Contributor
238 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

I would drive up to the summit of Haleakala and you could get all the channels. They had some pretty neat looking attenas up there. I bet you could even pull in Hong Kong;)

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

Cover a hula hoop with tin-foil and send Luke upon the roof...bet THAT will bring in your satellite feed!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,908 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

Man o man it's my lucky day!! First I get to paddle over to Maui then hitch a ride to Hana. Then I get to watch my favorite football team in the playoffs with the mayor of Hana and his brood. Thanks everyone for the ideas to get reception all ideas will be taken under consideration. Does life get any better than this?

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

msfuzz's cheese enchilada's?? count me in!!!

mamma is close. i think you should wear one of those tin-foil hats...stand on your head and drink warm milk. that should help with the reception.

go team!

Next to water
Level Contributor
298 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

There is a secret place in Hana where a black sand beach, a green sand beach and a red sand beach meet. It's super hard to get to and it's really exclusive. Legend (John) says it's the original birthplace of the Seven Sacred Pools and it’s lesser known sister site the Three Broken Drinking Fountains. At this location there is a vortex to the modern G-riffic world (4G? pfffft) where all cell phones get reception (even stolen ones) and all the NFL channels come in. The place is watched over by an 80 pound dog named Honu.

It's simply. Amazeballs.

However the location to this secret spot can only be revealed in a blue book. Cuz if it’s not published there, it doesn’t exist. Mr. CaddyPinkPanty (I only respond to 3 noun compound forum names with pink in them), I urge you to find this resource.

Only there can you continue your Tebromance.

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where in Tarnation to Tune to Watch NFL in Hana Maui?

Has Hana not gone digital yet? Still depending on the signal to bounce off the vog down to the big 32"? So long as you both have a way to watch the Pats beat the Broncos.