We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The checks are in the mail!

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
Save Topic
The checks are in the mail!

Just sent out our deposits on condos for our 25th anniversary trip, 6 days in Kauai (first time) and 9 days in Maui (third time). The trip isn't til Feb. of 2013, but both owners of the condos we rented said that for Feb. it's never too early to book. Over a year away but planning already. I know I'm not crazy, just have the Maui bug for which there is no cure! By the way, as I type this it's snowing like crazy in Chi-town!

bc canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The checks are in the mail!

Paid our deposit for 2013 back in July! The owner of our condo had promised us first refusal and they were already receiving inquires in July so we booked. 375 more sleeps..lol

Level Contributor
21,952 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The checks are in the mail!

Not at all too early. We've had several inquiries for early 2013, but we plan two months, then our 'regulars' from Canada will be filling our calendar until end of April.

rfn -- How many inches so far? Our Westie's short legs mean our house and pet sitter will have to clear some 'out you go' space in the back yard.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The checks are in the mail!

NEVER too early to start planning! We don't have the snow so much in St. Louis area, just the cold and I'm planning for our July trip to Maui like it was tomorrow--and how I wish it was!

Happy 25th in advance!!

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Kilauea, Hawaii
Level Contributor
687 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The checks are in the mail!

I would be very interested in hearing from you when you came back as to which Island you liked better. I spent months researching properties on Maui becuase I had the bug. I spent four days seeing properties in Mauai and made an offer on a home. We were going to spend just three days in Kauai on our way back from Maui. We were only on Kauai, (while driving up to the north shore), for an hour when my wife and I called the realtor in Maui and told her to take the offer off. We bought in Kauai and have been in love with Kauai every day since. The Kauai bug is much harder to get rid of than the Mauai one. Have fun!!!!

Level Contributor
37,214 posts
956 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The checks are in the mail!

Congrats and enjoy your planning! :).

6. Re: The checks are in the mail!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2013, 10:19