We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see's and do's in Maui?

vicci87
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Must see's and do's in Maui?

My boyfriend and I are going to Maui April 3-8. We plan on snorkeling, seeing the whales, the road to hana, and the old lahaina luau. I would like to know what else you would consider a must do or must see. Also, where is the best snorkeling and where can i find the best waterfalls?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must see's and do's in Maui?

You should visit Haleakala, the dorment volcano peak.

Perhaps a day trip to Lanai island, great snorkeling there, and you probably will see whales on the boat ride.

Honolua bay offers the best snorkeling. You can see lots of waterfalls along the road to hana.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must see's and do's in Maui?

Yep, what HappyTraveller said, definitely drive up to the top of Haleakala. If you are tight on time, I'd recommend that over RTH myself.

Re best snorkeling - take a morning snorkel trip unless you are confident to swim out a fair way because the water is always clearer.

And again as HT said, if you take a Lanai snorkel trip you are combining several things - whales, snorkel, day out on water, best snorkeling conditions.

If you visit Honolua bay , get there early, limited parking which fills up quickly.

Level Contributor
35,916 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must see's and do's in Maui?

Honalua Bay is beautiful! We also loved snorkeling at Kapalua Beach. :)

Sultan, Washington
Level Contributor
293 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must see's and do's in Maui?

Iao Valley Monument and interior area like Makawao. Absolutely gorgeous views and drive.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must see's and do's in Maui?

The best snorkeling will depend on ocean conditions of the day. Look at the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page. Click on Where do I snorkel? It will list snorkel areas that are best according to season and ability. Some of my favorites for shore snorkeling are: Kahekili Beach Park, Honolua and Kapalua Bay's in west/north Maui. Ulua and Maluaka Beaches in south Maui.

You will see the best waterfalls along the Hana Hwy. Make sure you go past Hana to see the best ones. Go as far as Lindbergh's grave in Kipahulu and then turn around and go back. Oheo Gulch is also a great place to visit as is Hamoa Beach where I like to have a picnic lunch.

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Must see's and do's in Maui?

The number one thing to see in Maui is yourself! Enjoy!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
351 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must see's and do's in Maui?

Snorkel with the Honu...must see/do

Obtain Aloha...must do.

:)

8. Re: Must see's and do's in Maui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 10:18