We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha Wear

Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Aloha Wear

I'm packing light and hoping to pick up some Aloha wear in Hawaii. Any recommendations for places to find well made shirts and other clothes? I like some of the subtler variations in the prints and would love to find things in natural fabrics (or at least fabric that does well in the heat). Are there any brands that are actually made in Hawaii? Would like to support local businesses!

Any other ideas for great clothes to buy and wear there (and enjoy at home, if Oregon summer ever comes?)

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha Wear

I like Reyn Spooner shirts ... not sure where they're made but quintessential Hawai'i.

http://www.reynspooner.com/

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,817 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha Wear

Reyn's is the top brand for men. I am sure they are designed and tailored locally, but the fabric comes from elsewhere. You can find them at Macy's and many fine mens stores.

Kmart has some as well and there is also is also Kahala and Tori Richards for local brands.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha Wear

I buy men's shirts ... there's seems to be a wider selection & I like the options better than women's. So what if it buttons on the wrong side! :)

Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloha Wear

We bought some Reyn Spooner shirts about 15 years ago on the Big Island. I loved the prints - and i too bought a men's shirt. They're still in great shape, however our shapes have changed and they're now a bit snug. :). Part of the reason I'm looking again!

Any small, local or "only in Hawaii" shops I should keep an eye out for? Especially in the Wailea/Kihei area?

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aloha Wear

1) Are you looking for men or women or both?

2) Which island/s are you visiting? Maui only??

Edited: 20 February 2012, 02:54
Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aloha Wear

reyn spooner is where it's at. they do well in the heat and i love the inside out look of them.

Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aloha Wear

I'd like to find something for both my husband and I. A shirt for him, a top or dress for me.

We'll just be on Maui this trip - our first time there.

Christina Lake...
Level Contributor
114 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aloha Wear

My favorite shop for women's wear is Blue Ginger. www.blueginger.com

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aloha Wear

Reyn's is good quality. For a little different take on aloha wear, take a look at Tori Richard and Kaleheo.

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Aloha Wear

"Jam's World" is my favorite - a Hawaii-based company. I could live in their shirts. Macy's carries them - at least the women's. Maui Clothing Company in Lahaina has Jam's World. Easy to find on Oahu.

Men's shirts - Kahala is the family favorite.