We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keawakapu Beach sign?

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
225 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Keawakapu Beach sign?

My husband and I were on Maui many years ago, staying at the Maui Lea. One of the more amusing things that we remembered was the beach sign for Keawakapu Beach as you walk down to the beach behind Mana Kai. It has about a dozen warning signs on it, so we dubbed the beach "the most dangerous beach in the world." Unfortunately, we neglected to take a picture of the sign, and now that we live on the East Coast, it is unlikely we'll be getting back there. If anyone has a chance to take a picture of the sign, we'd be very grateful.

Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keawakapu Beach sign?

We'll be there March 30 to April 11th.. .. i will try to remember to take a picture for you.. funny as it's not a particularily dangerous beach! We stay next door to the Mana Kai at the surfside..is the sign past the Mana Kai? I've been there a dozen times and can't remember seeing it! LOL

I've saved your post and will update you when we are there.. or get back!

vancouver island
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Keawakapu Beach sign?

Shelley we are going to be in Maui from Apirl 3-18th ,staying at Kihei Akahi. My daughter and I might see you if your up at sunrise as every morning we walk the beach to Zach's deli get our White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Coffee, then sit down on the grounds of the Surfside on the lounge chairs looking out at the ocean!!! My favorite time of day......

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
225 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keawakapu Beach sign?

Looking at Google maps for reference - we would walk down Ala KOA St and then probably through the parking lot of the Mana Kai. I seem to remember the sign being near an outcropping of rocks. It wasn't on the sandier part. mymauiblog.com/post/1424899/kihei-maui-hawai… shows the various warnings, but not the actual sign.

If you could get a picture, that would be awesome. That apparently was the one thing we didn't take a picture of. Either that, or it didn't come out. Ah, the days before the digital camera.

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keawakapu Beach sign?

eloracm.. i'll definately have a look.. those symbols are familiar so I'll snoop around!

girlsfrombc... we are definately up that early... usually sitting on the lanai watching the sky turn all sorts of colours as the sun comes up.. so pretty... or we're walking the beach... so few people on it at the time of the day and such a nice beach to walk...

have a great holiday!

Christina Lake...
Level Contributor
114 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keawakapu Beach sign?

My favorite Maui beach. Three more weeks!

6. Re: Keawakapu Beach sign?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:16