We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapalua Resort hiking trails

Kalispell
Level Contributor
391 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Kapalua Resort hiking trails

I have been reading about some interesting hikes at the Kapalua Resort that require the use of their shuttle to reach the trailhead. Their information indicates that the hiking trails are available free of charge, but I have found nothing about the resort shuttle service. Does anyone know if this is also free or, if there is a charge, just how much it is?

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kapalua Resort hiking trails

The Kapalua Hiking Trails are fantastic. Here is a link that will show their trail maps in downloadable pdf formats...

www.kapalua.com/index.php…

The Coastal trail is accessible at either end (Kapalua Bay or DT Flemming) with plenty of parking. The others require taking the Resort Shuttle after check in at the Kapalua Adventure Center. During busy seasons you may need to call ahead for a reservation on the shuttle, but there is no charge.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kapalua Resort hiking trails

The trails through the old golf course can be accessed by parking at the Adventure Center and just following the signs. We did several hikes there, all the way up to the Lake. The shuttle only leaves at specific times so be aware or take a 5 mile hike back down.

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kapalua Resort hiking trails

The shuttle is included as part of the resort fee charged to stay at Kapalua

Kalispell
Level Contributor
391 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kapalua Resort hiking trails

The resort brochure says that the trails are available even to people who are not staying there, and that they are required to use the shuttle as well. We are not staying there, so I wonder if they have a charge for outsiders.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,002 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kapalua Resort hiking trails

As far as I know, there is no charge. Whether staying at the resort or not.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kapalua Resort hiking trails

I don't think that there is a charge, the issue (as I understand it) is that to get to two of the trails (the Arboretum and the Mahana Ridge) you need to drive through private property, so they (the community) allows the shuttle access, but they don't want individual's driving and parking there. I believe you can either hike back (8 miles) to the Kapalua Activity Center, or you can wait for the shuttle. When we were there a few weeks ago the times were somewhat limited, for instance the shuttle drop off was at 9:00 and pick up at 1:00.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kapalua Resort hiking trails

It might be confusing because there is also a shuttle that takes guests between the Kapalua properties and beaches, but that is separate from the Activity Center bus to the hiking trails.

8. Re: Kapalua Resort hiking trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 19:55