We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

I am leaving this Sunday from Toronto going to Kauia then off to Maui - what is the weather like - can i plan i wearing a bikini at the beach? Seems like it is in the low 70's right now :(

I need heat!!!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,880 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

Here's a good site www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/maui.php…

You can check both Kauai and Maui...Kauai has been getting some serious rain but hopefully it will pass!

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

Is it at least warm outside - please say yes.

I have been checking out the weather network and temperatures are low.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,880 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

They have daily temps on that site too!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

The weather can change completely in one hour. The forecasts are only predictions so I would stop readying them. What areas on Kauai and Maui will you be staying in? We can give you directions to the nearest, hotest area.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

Don't read the forecasts, you will only make yourself miserable. We will be arriving this weekend as well, and my stepdaughter is obsessing over the weather forecast. Driving me nuts. The weather changes very quickly, and rain rarely sticks around for long. We arrived on Maui last January, just in time for a massive island-wide storm. Flooding, people paddle boarding down S. Kihei Rd, the whole nine. Even with the storm, we had a fabulous time, and had at least some sunshine every day. And after the storm passed in a couple days, we had sunshiney, hot weather the rest of our trip.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

Not sure of the area in kauia, at a friends house, Maui Kihei area

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

I can tell you what it's like right now which is raining in Ka'anapali. We took an excursion to Hana and the backside back to Ulupalakua and it rained pretty much all day long today. Personally, I haven't seen real sunshine since Sunday morning. I feel sorry for the people that got here Sunday and are going back home this weekend, the forecast right now is rain through Friday.

Edited: 07 March 2012, 05:39
Mentioned in this post
Ka'anapali
Ka'anapali
Maui, HI
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Victoria
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

You are checking the weather NETWORK from Canada? For whatever reason they seem to be out to lunch when it comes to the forecasts for places like Florida and Hawaii. For example checking tonight the weather NETWORK shows highs of 22c (72F) for Lahaina, Maui over the next few days, and the weather CHANNEL from the US shows highs of 27c (81F).

Having been several times, don't bother checking the Hawaii forecast from national weather services. It's the tropics, it will be warm!

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Victoria
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

You are checking the weather NETWORK from Canada? For whatever reason they seem to be out to lunch when it comes to the forecasts for places like Florida and Hawaii. For example checking tonight the weather NETWORK shows highs of 22c (72F) for Lahaina, Maui over the next few days, and the weather CHANNEL from the US shows highs of 27c (81F).

Having been several times, don't bother checking the Hawaii forecast from national weather services. It's the tropics, it will be warm!

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
lake forest park
Level Contributor
187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How is the weather? Arriving this Sunday the 11th

Listen to mamma. When you get to the site click on Glen's weather narrative.. He is best.