We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali Alii questions?

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Kaanapali Alii questions?

HI All,

I think I finally narrowed it down to Alli for 2 couples in their early 40's. Going for about 10 days Sept/Oct 2013. From the researched I did .. It looks that I would like building 1 or 3.. oceanview or oceanfront(depending on the price). Floors above 3 or better views.. and premier rooms. In building block 5 or 6 or 3 or 4. I have looked on VBRO and nothing jumps out at me or if it does its 900.00 per night.. looking more at the 600.00 or so per night range. Anyone have a particular unit they really liked and can recommend? Anyone know of where you can get good deals at Alii? OR Have different websites I can find more rental choices? Or do most just got through Alli website. I was hoping to see pictures of the unit before renting.. Thanks.....

Socal
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaanapali Alii questions?

Check VRBO again but you don't have to grab a Premier unit. There are lots of units listed there that are pretty nice. I've had good experiences for the Alii. It's a great property...we spent two weeks there last summer.

Edited: 11 March 2012, 19:33
Calgary
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaanapali Alii questions?

Am I allawed to recommend a specific unit on here? We are going yo the Alii for our third time in 3 weeks and I have the PERFECT unit for you. Ocean view, HUGE , clean, renovated etc etc. And will run you about 425, not $600 or $900, I can give you the details if you like. Personally I luv luv luv the Alii and cant wait to go back!

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,216 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaanapali Alii questions?

Yes ... you can post specific details ... including a link to the rental listing, as long as you're not promoting your own property, as advertising and solicitation are prohibited.

Edited: 11 March 2012, 20:01
LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaanapali Alii questions?

Would love to know which unit...thanks..

Calgary
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaanapali Alii questions?

Hi again. Well sadly no, we don't own this unit so this is not advertising or self promotion of any kind. It is unit 353, VRBO #165864. We stayed there with our two kids. One of the bedrooms has a king and the other has two double beds. You walk in the front door, the kitchen, living room etc. are in the middle and each bedroom is like a separate suite at either end with it's own bathrooms, closets etc. You're so far apart it's like no one else is there. I'm fairly sure Sept-Oct is lower season so you'll probably get a better deal. The condo was in the neighbourhood of 1800 square feet. It was huge! The grounds are immaculately kept; the bbq's look like they are brand new, we bbq'd burgers etc. everyday at lunch by the pool to save some $$. I could go on forever but you can just ask if you have any more questions. BTW, the way the numbering works is, unit 353 means building 3, fifth floor, 3rd unit. Excellent choice, 22 more days for us!!!

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaanapali Alii questions?

Have a great time... I was actually looking at the unit... I was hoping for something a little higher up... but it did look really nice. Do you have to pay the 98 cleaning fee everyday or can you just pick the days you want the cleaning? Thanks..

Calgary
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kaanapali Alii questions?

The cleaning is optional. We were there for 10 days and I think we had it cleaned twice; it is worth it to get the sand out if nothing else. I notice he now charges a daily resort fee which he didn't when we were there. I'm sure in the fall you can negotiate a better rate or at least get him to drop that. Many renters don't charge the fee. We stayed in 171 last year and she didn't charge a daily fee. That one was higher up which you wanted, but faced mostly north and the view was of the Westin more than of the ocean. So higher up isn't always better. Hope that helps

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kaanapali Alii questions?

Thanks for the information.. its so helpful... Yes, I really want oceanfront or view... There is one that looks really nice unit 1805... but list at 720.00 per night in value season fro 2013 plus 25.00 resort fee. Have you found you have been able to negotiate at all?

You thought 353 had a good view?

9. Re: Kaanapali Alii questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 March 2012, 00:05
Edited: 13 March 2012, 00:05
LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kaanapali Alii questions?

Thanks for your assistant.. I have looked at your webpage, but found the prices to be higher then other places. But, will keep the website in mind. Thanks you.