We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any place for a hobie tour?

all over
Level Contributor
441 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Any place for a hobie tour?

Is there any company that provides a Hobie tour in Maui? Hate the sound of engine and smell of gas when sailing.

The vender that used to rent Hobies no longer does so.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
145 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any place for a hobie tour?

I would like to know this too

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any place for a hobie tour?

When I was at the Grand Wailea last, they have a Hobie Cat. Check there.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any place for a hobie tour?

This is something that just isn't prevalent in Hawaii, Maui included. Probably has something to do with the danger of the channels. Are you looking for a hobie to rent for just yourself or a company that will do a tour on one?

all over
Level Contributor
441 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any place for a hobie tour?

Rental or a tour, doesnt matter to me. Grand Waliea no longee rents their Hobie Cat unfortunately.

5. Re: Any place for a hobie tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 April 2012, 15:51
all over
Level Contributor
441 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any place for a hobie tour?

thanks!!!! Going with them tomorrow before heading back to Kauai.

7. Re: Any place for a hobie tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 April 2012, 15:52
all over
Level Contributor
441 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any place for a hobie tour?

Haha! Im going to handle this when I get back. Hopefully things go nice and easy with them. Enjoying Maui today but those trade winds are killer.

all over
Level Contributor
441 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any place for a hobie tour?

Decided to head out w the Scotch Mist tonight. Still doing the other tour tomorrow. It's my birthdat!!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any place for a hobie tour?

Happy Birthday, surftb15!! I thought you wanted a small catamaran. Imagine my surprise when it was actually a sailing canoe you were looking for. The outfit in Wailea will do you good, no worries!! Have fun on the Scotch Mist, let me know what you think.