We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Papakea or Valley Isle?

Chicago
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Papakea or Valley Isle?

I've been searching for a couple weeks for the best deal on a oceanfront, or very good oceanview condo on the West side Maui, pretty much as close to Ka'anapali as I can get, but still at a reasonable rate. These are the two I've found meet that criteria at about $125-135 a night in June. Which do you prefer and what are some of the pros and cons of each? Do you know others in the area that would have comparable rates? Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Atlantic, Iowa
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Papakea or Valley Isle?

I just stayed at Valley Isle and liked it very much. The views were gorgeous and overall, the resort was pretty quiet. There were not many amenities at the resort, ie: no hot tub, exercise facility was for fee, etc. Other than that, loved it very much. Would stay there again.

2. Re: Papakea or Valley Isle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 June 2012, 22:11
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
534 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Papakea or Valley Isle?

We really love the Valley Isle, and have stayed there the last three times we were on Maui, unit 407. Specacular views! No fancy resort stuff here, but we don't need that, just clean and quiet. But I'm sure Papakea is nice, too.

Either way, you'll have a great time.

San Diego
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Papakea or Valley Isle?

I always stay at the Valley Isle #307 the views are absolutely breath taking! The condo is very clean and the owners are great! Let know us know which one you pick. I'll be there again this July :)

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Papakea or Valley Isle?

We've stayed 3rd floor, oceanfront in bdlg 'A' at Papakea 3 or 4 times. Never heard footsteps from above or much noise at all from adjacent units. Ocean front views from just about any W Maui condo will be great. lots of little shops and stores within walking distance of Papakea.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Papakea or Valley Isle?

Make sure you are getting an ocean front room; those views can't be beat and are full frontage. The "back building" has partial views and vary a lot on which room you get. The back rooms start with the numbers 1xx, 2xx or 3xx. Rooms 4xx,5xx etc are on frontage.

Be aware that the Valley Isle will be undergoing clean up from June 7 and all month of the big fire mess next to the building. Also, and on-going "spalling repair" project is underway, and there will be jack-hammering and working platforms hanging on the outside of where they are working...and you MAY have your lanai locked and unavailable for up to 2-3 days.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Papakea or Valley Isle?

Tweester....you know this thread is about a year old.....

8. Re: Papakea or Valley Isle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 05:16