We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coupon for Westin Villas

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Coupon for Westin Villas

I received Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas- Island View studio Villa,5000 Starpoints or $75 resort certificate,$185 toward an Avis car-all of this for a total of $798 which has a retail value of $3,000,my question is, what is the catch-when will they get their "Pound of flesh". The accompanying letter does not say anything about time share presentation!

If anybody has used it, please let us know what you had to do. I have gotten it many times before, but never used it.

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
539 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coupon for Westin Villas

So we did one of those about 6 years ago for the Princeville on Kaui...it's the St Regis now, right? Same owners, new name.

Any-who, it was great. We stayed 5 nights, used the resort credit for their then famous Friday night Seafood buffet (don't know if it exists).

On check in the Time Shares Salesman guy said when could we come by, but we said, really we are thrilled to be here we have no money to buy a time share and we're traveling with our 18mo, who can sit through two hours of nothing.

He said, could you please at least go to our 15min sales pitch, and we did and it was fine. You can even say no to that, but we had no problem going and saying no. My husband is a very frugal man and there was no time share budget any who.

I say go and enjoy. I'm always hoping we'll get another invite like that but I guess they know we wont buy.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,580 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coupon for Westin Villas

It's a great deal! You DO NOT have to do any presentations, yes they will ask, just say NO!

We've used several with other companies and had no pressure at all.

Our first one was for the 5 night stay at the Westin...that's why we own at the Villas! LOL

Paradise, California
Level Contributor
326 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coupon for Westin Villas

We went...We bought!!! We werent planning on it but the presentation is not pushy and the villas sold themselves!! No worries.

Arizona
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Coupon for Westin Villas

My wife and I just got back 3 weeks ago from staying at the Westin Villas under this promotion. I strongly encourage you to take advantage of this and book early. We actually got a partial ocean view room in the south towers and everything was great.

The concierge was a little aggressive about trying to schedule a timeshare presentation, but we ended up passing on it. Although, they will give you an additional $100 in resort credit if you do the presentation. Everything was extremely smooth, and the resort met all our expectations. Its an incredible deal, I would go for it.

5. Re: Coupon for Westin Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 12:41