We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Ziplines

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Maui Ziplines

We're holidaying in hawaii in August this year and wondering if anyone has any up to date info on the various ziplines in Maui. We've been looking at the Flying hawaiian and the Kapulau Adventure lines but can't decide what would be the best. Any ideas? Thanks

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
235 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maui Ziplines

I booked with Kapalua Adventures. I'll tell ya how it was May 3rd :D

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maui Ziplines

Here is a pretty good overview from 2010... hawaiimagazine.com/blogs/hawaii_today/2010/5…

My crew loved the Kapalua lines.

mass
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maui Ziplines

mywife and i didthe kapalua one and had a blast.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
146 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maui Ziplines

Kapalua Advertures for us last year. The young men leading our group were great. They were entertaining, and yet still gave us confidence regarding safety. Plus, after we finished, we were able to explore the surrounding Kapalua area (beautiful).

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maui Ziplines

Thanks for all your replies, it was most helpful. Looks like Kapaluas the way to go.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maui Ziplines

FLYING HAWAIIAN ZIPLINES is the way to go if you want extreme adventure. Go to their website to check it out. It's $185 per person, but totally worth it if you want an unreal day. Includes some hiking, ATV'ing up the mountainside, and home to the 2nd longest zipline in the WORLD! There are 8 lines and the staff ROCKS! We just did it last week. We've done a few others but THIS ONE is intense and so much fun! Their homebase is at the Maui Tropical Plantation, where you start off up the mountain in a big 4x4 van!

Montclair, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maui Ziplines

This is a late reply, but for anyone contemplating a few hours spent zip-lining with their children then this is the place! I am afraid of heights but try to challenge myself occasionally and I had an awesome time. We received safety instructions from a group of highly competent, hysterically funny guys who spent the afternoon with us. They made the day - alternately teasing and encouraging us to push ourselves and try some tricks. I spent most of the afternoon laughing with my husband and our 8 year old son. I would highly recommend this for beginners and families with children-probably not challenging enough for older teenagers and not for those who are looking for more extreme zip-lining. It's in a great central location-easily accessible by car for those staying in Makena, as we do, or the hotels in Kaanapali.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Maui Ziplines

You may want to check if kapula is open I was researching for a zip line next week and came across something about them being shut down.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maui Ziplines

Maui Zipline Tours recently posted on their web site that the Kapalua Zips have closed for business

…blogspot.com/p/kapalua-ziplines.html

But the Kapalua web site isn't reflecting that yet. You may want to give the resort Activities Center a call.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maui Ziplines

Op was April 2012.