We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

New York
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

Our trip is now less than a month away! First 3 nights at the Sheraton. Sounds like walks into Whalers Village for early dinners are the ticket. What places are recommended? Thanks.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

Cane and Taro, Hula Grill Barefoot Bar and Leilani's...upstairs is more upscale. Take in one of the free shows in the evening and don't miss the CLiff Dive show at the Sheraton.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,680 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

I have Cane and Taro on my list for happy hour thanks to Mamma's advice... the lava flow! I can hardly wait! Can't remember what mamma said about the pupus though...

Edited: 25 April 2012, 21:56
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

pupus were great! $5 california roll, chicken wings and caesar salad...all terrific.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,525 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

Does Cane and Taro still have the half off special from 5:00 - 6:00 on Tuesday and Wednesday? We only ate breakfast there but it was yummy!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

The Happy Hour specials are early...like from 3-4 if I remember right. The dinner specials did end at 6, we didn't make it this year so not sure if they still have it. Their menu site is down so I couldn't check they may be updating the menus for the summer.

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
160 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

I think both Hula Grill Barefoot Bar and Leilani's happy hour runs 3-5pm, 7 days a week. We just got back on Monday night. Boo Hoo want to go back to Maui!!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,060 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

Aloha,

The early bird dinner at C&T is from 5-6, but plan on getting there by 4:30 to sign up since they limit the number.

Just went there recently for one with some TA friends and the monchong was Oooohhhhsoooooogoood.

Yep, they cut the HH specials off at 4.

Edited: 26 April 2012, 03:52
Socal
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

After dinner (assuming you didn't fill up on Hula Pie), go to Yogurtland or Honolulu Cookie Company on the lower level near the stage for free samples!

New York
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

Thank you all! Being 1st time visitors, you have made planning the trip so much easier and so much fun!

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ok, what is recommended in Whalers village?

Hula Grill was good. We had Wontons, a veggie pizza, and fruit plate as a desert. Atmosphere is nice, right on the sidewalk near the beach.