We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

Wanted to put a few things out there, and am not sure if I am posting in the correct place.

Hotel

We stayed at the Westin Maui Resort. The grounds of the hotel are absolutely incredible. The pool had a great adult pool that overlooked the ocean. The hostesses were all great by the pool, and the room was fine, nothing spectacular but good enough! I would definitely enjoy staying their again. We had a great view seemingly all the time at hotel.

Happy Hours

We frequented Lelanis & Hula Grill pretty much every single afternoon of the trio (HH 3-5). Unbelievable drink/food specials, great people working, great entertainment, and of course great food.

Dinners

Kimo's was by far my favorite restraunt between food/view/ and Hawaiian feel. Had the coconut crusted A'u and it was to die for. We went there 2 nights.

Castaways had a 2 for 1 pasta night. Nothing special, but was fine.

Longhis also right in the middle of town. We had great hostess and it was a fun time eating there. Food was good, however wish we could have sat upstairs.

There were other places too, but can not think of them right now, will post later in thread.

Breakfest

Hyatt of course has their breakfest and it was a solid buffet, nothing exception by Maui standards, but obviously very good view and eveything you could want in buffett.

Westin also had a very good breakfest, and their pancakes are outstanding.

Deep Sea Fishing

This may have been the highlight of the trip for us. USE Luckey Strike Fishing Charters. The guys on the boat were incredible and were great to talk to. Shared an incredible wealth of knowledge with all of us and most importantly caught 4 fish in 6 hours. 1 55lbs OOno & 3 appox. 20lbs Mahi. We even cooked the Mahi last night in Maui, and it was great!

Golf

Went over and played the Challenge at Manele. It is simply the most beautiful course you could imagine. Unbelievable views on every hole. Must play for any Maui golfer, would play it before every course except Kapalua Plantation. Also toured island of Lanai.

This is short version of trip, but feel free to ask any questions. Most importantly had an unforgettable trip, and the people of Hawaii are incrediblely hospitable. Oh and last thing was Mooses gets really fun on Saturday nights!

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

Yup, this is the right place. Thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a great vacation.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,499 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

Glad you had such a wonderful time, thanks for the report!!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
46,892 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

Aloha,

Glad you enjoyed your trip so much!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

I agree about the Westin. I think the grounds are fantastic and the location is great as well. I played The Challenge too and would rate it up there with Pebble, Oakmont, and Plantation. Maybe not quite as good as those but very close. Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

Pleased to read your review-Westin Resorts is our favorite hotel-been there over a dozen times-we will be there again in Feb.13. I agree the ground is indeed incredible, five pools, a separate kiddy pool, close to Whaler's Village, all pluses for us.

We like the Hyatt too.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,052 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

Thanks for your review! Glad you had a great trip!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,486 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

I totally agree with you that the people of Hawaii are very hospitable! Thanks for the awesome report.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

Enjoyed your report; looking forward to more.

Socal
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

Love Leilani's...you'll get no argument from us on that one. BTW, although it's not widely talked about, you can order items from the downstairs grill when you dine upstairs. Vicki and I had fish one evening and our daughter got a burger from the grill brought to her.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Review Maui (Kaanapali)

Also forgot to mention. We did not have a car and it worked out fine. For most activities in Kaanapali you are in walking distance, and Lahaina is a free shuttle ride away. In town if you do not want to wait for shuttle just grab taxi. Taxi from Kaanapali to Lahaina about $10-15.