We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling near Maui Hill?

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
snorkeling near Maui Hill?

We're going to be staying at Maui Hill at the end of this month. What are some of the best places to snorkel near there that would also have shade for my non-swimmer sister?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkeling near Maui Hill?

Kamaole Beach3 would work. Snorkel at the lava point. You are fairly close to Ulua Beach in Wailea and Maluaka in Makena. slabeaume, you may also want to go down to Moanakala, past Makena, known locally as "the dumps". You can get there by car in less than a half an hour.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkeling near Maui Hill?

We own 'next door' and like Keawakapu (in front of the Mana Kai cono-tel. (There's a lot of free parking beside Kihei Road; on't use the condo parking lot.) You can also walk there via the oceanfront path that goes south from the Kihei boat ramp opposite the Maui Kamaole entrance. Five Palms at the Mana Kai is a nice spot for drinks or a meal.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkeling near Maui Hill?

THanks, I'll have to map those out. I wish I was as familiar with Maui as I am with Kauai!!!

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkeling near Maui Hill?

Secret beach has some shade and a nice place to relax while waiting on family. parking is limited but able to find along the road. name secret cove on this link, it has ok snorkeling going to the right towards big beach.

http://www.hawaiigaga.com/maui-beaches.aspx

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
143 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snorkeling near Maui Hill?

Where is the best place to park for access to Maluaka? i used google maps street view and can't readily see any. thanks

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snorkeling near Maui Hill?

Drive into Makena on Makena Alanui Rd. past the Makena Beach and Golf Resort. Just a bit past that you will see the cindar cone on your left the road curves, at the curve there is also a road on the right (Makena Road),It's in front of a house. Drive down that road and you will run right into a small parking lot, it loops back up the road. If these places are full there is a larger parking lot that will be on your left as you leave the small parking lot. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but you will get it when you see it.

7. Re: snorkeling near Maui Hill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 14:18