We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book flight?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
When to book flight?

We are planning on going to Maui In mid October. Should I book my flight now, or wait until about 3 months out? I've heard that prices are usually best about 3 months out when flying, but does that apply to Maui?

I know that no one can know what prices are going to do in the next few months, but just looking for your thoughts.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book flight?

October is the "shoulder season" in Hawaii. That means deals. If the fares you're seeing now don't seem like good deals, you might want to wait.

There's always a risk that prices could go up. But if you can accept that risk, I would wait. I would also:

* Plan to book on a Tuesday, when fare sales are most common.

* Check bing.com/travel to see whether that site has any useful fare predictions.

Edited: 16 May 2012, 22:30
Socal
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book flight?

I noticed that deals for Fall started really showing up late in the summer last year, especially after the first week of Aug.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book flight?

Thanks for the advice. I think we'll wait until late June/early July to book our flight.

4. Re: When to book flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:42