We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trilogy tour - full day discover Lanai or half day molikini

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trilogy tour - full day discover Lanai or half day molikini

Hi, I can't decide on which tour to take. The full day discover Lanai tour is a little over $ 200 per person so I would like to know if this is worth it. I read that Molokini is open waters whereas Lanai snorkeling is right off the beach. In this case, wouldn't the open waters cost more even if it was half day. Also, for the full day, do we bring our own food or is it part of it? Thanks so much

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trilogy tour - full day discover Lanai or half day molikini

I have done both more than once. The Lanai trip is way more enjoyable for me. Lanai tour takes you to Lanai island, where you can hop on a van, and do a quick island tour, then go to snorkeling. Snorkeling at Lanai is amazing, and yes, it is off the beach. But it is huge, you can spend an hour or two snorkeling there.

Molokini is open ocean, by a crater, and very crowded.

The all day Trilogy tour includes breakfast, lunch, and an early bbq dinner.

You can also take a ferry to Lanai for about $60 per person round trip, and enjoy the day and the beach on your own.

We have done both the ferry and triology, and enjoyed both. It depends on what you want: save money with the Lanai ferry or be taken care of all day by Trilogy.

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
569 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trilogy tour - full day discover Lanai or half day molikini

Thanks for the info on the Lana'i tour with Trilogy and the DIY version. If we did the DIY version, is the distance walkable for a 6 year old? Are there bathroom facilities on the beach and lunch places nearby?

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,063 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trilogy tour - full day discover Lanai or half day molikini

kooikermom, just answered your question on the other thread you started!!

Yes, it is walkable for a 6 year old. It is only 5-10 minutes away. The beach is wonderful, shade trees, picnic tables, showers, restrooms, WITH TP!!!!

Lunch places are NOT nearby, unless you go to the resort ($20.00 mai tais).

agnescalifornia... we just did the Trilogy trip earlier this month, and it cost us 200.00 each WITH TAX... if you book it online you can save 20.00 each, but you need to book it 7 days ahead of time. We missed out by one day, so paid more.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trilogy tour - full day discover Lanai or half day molikini

Yes, the beach is easy walking distance. On our first time there, my younger child was 6. We even did some hiking (up to the sweet heart rock).

On the ferry, we saw people bring big coolers. You can pack picnic lunch, or bring foods for bbq. There are also grils on that beach. There are shower, and restroom on that beach.

We actually had lunch at the Four Seasons (also walking distance from the beach). The outdoorish restaurant is on top of the hill, has great views of the ocean, and the pool. Instead of $20 mai tais, we had free water, and $4 coke. Their sandwiches was around $18. Not too bad.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,573 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trilogy tour - full day discover Lanai or half day molikini

Lucky you, Happy traveler! My daughter and her girl friend tried to have a drink at the FS...short walk. Mr. Gates had shut down the entire resort AGAIN! We got a laugh about that one!

We're from Seattle, how appropriate was that?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trilogy tour - full day discover Lanai or half day molikini

Wow, they were that close to brush money. If Mr. Gates had known that your girls are also from Seattle, surely, he would have bought them drinks.

Truth be told, I wasn't that lucky...I didn't know the $4 coke does not come with free refills...yeap, $16 worth of coke cola.

7. Re: Trilogy tour - full day discover Lanai or half day molikini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:42