We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help ! Addicted !!

Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Help ! Addicted !!

Yes, I think I am addicted to this forum !

Exactly 2 months from today, we (DH, 3 kids - 4, 6, and 11 yrs old and myself), leave for maui (3 nights in Lahaina and 5 nights in wailea) for our first Hawaii vacation. Kids and myself so-o-o excited. DH doesn't really care or so ,he wants me to think.

Now to my addiction, is this normal? I find myself on this forum EVERY DAY. All I can do is think and dream of Maui.

BIG THANK YOU to you all on this forum. Your posts have been my sole guide in planning this trip.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help ! Addicted !!

Let me reassure you-you are completely normal :)

Reading the forum is the best way not only to learn about Maui, but to get geared up for the trip.....I must warn you, after the trip is over you will be back, it does not end!

I am here on Maui now, and look at me......addicted as well.

Enjoy your trip, you will love the island. I have been to Kauai several times and Oahu twice, but Maui is incredible.....a perfect blend of the two. The scenery is spectacular.

I like how you are splitting up your time. I am in Wailea for 10 days, but will take a trip to the west side for sure. And I am already trying to figure out when we can come back!

Cheers!

Leslie

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help ! Addicted !!

I got back a couple weeks ago and I'm still on here!

Lombard, IL
Level Contributor
790 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help ! Addicted !!

Aloha Vivian. I've got good news and bad news. This forum is great and you'll get the best information to make your trip special. The feeling is completely normal. The bad news - once you go the addiction tends to be permanent. Browsing the forum to recapture the moments and planning the next trip can become a way of life.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help ! Addicted !!

I too am addicted! Was in Maui in April of LAST year, thankfully we get to go back in December. I am on here every day! So you are not alone, you're in good company!

Kinglake, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help ! Addicted !!

I hear you!!

I havent even left my own country and I'm here nearly every day!!!

So dont think its weird at all...totally normal!!!

Have a totally ace holiday...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help ! Addicted !!

LOL - I am totally addicted too! We went to Turks and Caicos 2 years ago and I still post on that forum, and I already love this forum. Everyone is so helpful and great. Good news is that there aren't a lot of contradictions either so the advice is truly helpful. I have been on here several times a day already every since I posted a few days ago for the first time. We are coming to Maui for the first time in September. I was excited, now I am over moon excited and its ALL because of the wonderful people on this forum and their great suggestions!!!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,251 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help ! Addicted !!

Vivian, you are all too normal! This forum is that Maui connection that we crave, isn't it? I discovered TA in October, planning our 6th trip for last December. The people and information were fabulous! I know there will be a next trip, just not sure when.

Anyway, I am so excited for you! To have all of the TA support for that first trip is priceless!

One bit of advice, if I may. IMHO it is better to "be here now " while you are on Maui. In other words, resist the addiction during your vacation time! While I love to read the real time trip reports, I can't help thinking that person is wasting precious moments of soaking up Maui time! Do your Trip Report on the way home or a few weeks later. If you take lots of digital photos the time and date on those will be your guide.

Of course, if you need some quick advice, there's still no better place! On our last trip I was craving the perfect boogie boarding beach one day. Mamma came through for me with DT Flaming beach. It was so much fun! Have a wonderful time Vivian, and savor every Maui moment! Your friends on TA will be here for you!

Edited: 23 June 2012, 15:37
bc
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help ! Addicted !!

I completely understand and relate to this! I first discovered this forum last September, when I was planning our first visit to Maui for this past March. We've already booked for next March, and I continue to frequent the forum because of the wonderful, friendly and very helpful people who contribute.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,278 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help ! Addicted !!

HAHAHAHA...welcome to a happy addiction! Enjoy your trip and savor every moment!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help ! Addicted !!

Welcome to the Hawaii Addicts club!