We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

Mill Creek...
Level Contributor
79 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

My family of 5 has been to Kauai 3 times in the last 4 years. Love it and found the perfect place to stay, but because of the cost of plane tickets we'd like to try Maui in the spring of 2013. We're looking for a condo so that we have a kitchen. We need a 2 bedroom that sleeps 5. Not necessary to be on the beach, put short walking distance to a good beach. I'm overwhelmed at all the different areas you can stay on Maui and don't know where to start. The few I have found are all hotels without kitchens. Thanks for your help!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,315 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

Most visitors stay south or West.. Each area has it's cheerleaders.

There are tons of condo complexes that will provide the room that you need with a kitchen. some will have in room washer/dryer. A/C is not a given. If that's important be sure to check if the unit has it.

There are also a few large condo resorts.

Here's a mp, click on the smaller area sections and they will list condo properties.

honolulupublishing.com/MauiMaps/maui_map_isl…

What is the budget for your lodging?

Maui Rental agencies South side for Kihei, Waliea, & Makena

mauicondohomes.com/maps_maui/kiheicondos.htm

http://www.crhmaui.com/

http://www.bellomauivacations.com/

http://www.rosiesrentals.com/index.php?id=145

www.rentalsmaui.com (Kihei surfside )

www.aaoceanfront.com

Between West and South is Ma'alaea Harbor

Ma’alaea area

www.maalaeabay.com

www.rentalsmaui.com

Lahaina, Ka'anapali, Honokowai, Kahana, Napili and Kapalua

West Side

QUAM Properties

Chasen Rainbows

http://www.kaanapalibeachrentals.com/

Mill Creek...
Level Contributor
79 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

Thank you! I'm going to start looking at all the sites you sent. I've been looking on VRBO all day. Was hoping to spend $250 or less a day. We don't care how old condo or furnishings are, as long as it's clean and good location. Thanks again!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

Check out Honua Kai Resort. We found our unit on vrbo.com but also it was on the sites above. Often owners have a rental agency meet you and give you keys, or take care of immediate needs, as many owners live off island.

Were returning to Maui next month after years of going to Kauai and Oahu in a row. It will be our 25th time.

Atascadero...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

I am looking for a condo on Maui as well....I have heard good things about Papakea North of Kaanapali....but I have never been there...sounds like you have Kauai all figured out...You mentioned that you found the perfect place to stay on Kauai....care to share it?

Edited: 09 July 2012, 04:15
California
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

Check out these 2 condos in Haleakala Shores in Kihei - VRBO# 183206 ( Unit A205)& VRBO # 334003 ( Unit A208). Close to the beach & reasonably priced.

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

I don't know why no one mentions Outrigger on this forum, but their properties are near the top in the hotel reviews, and we used them. We stayed in a one bedroom at the Eldorado, room I-201. Scroll down my page to see pictures.

http://www.nogodforme.com/MauiHawaii2011.htm

Why did we stay here? Wanted to be next to Black Rock, without having to worry about parking. It's a short walk across the golf course. Booked it on the web site. Didn't have any parking or cleaning fee.

Book a garden view room, you would need a 2 bedroom, so you'll have to search reviews for a good room number. Everyone, please remember to put room numbers in your review.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,488 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

By 'spring' do you mean Spring Break? You may want to reserve your rental vehicle very soon.

I like South Maui for families visiting in winter/spring (and Napili for summer). Best beaches are Sugar Beach (a little 'removed', in North Kihei) and everything from the three Kamaole Beach Parks (in South Kihei) on south through Wailea and Makena. There is a string of 2-star condos opposite the Kamaole beaches that would probably suit your family. Kihei is a beachtown with *real residents* plus a lot of vacation rental condos. It's less 'destination resort' than Kaanapali or Wailea.

This site manager has vetted South Maui units before accepting ads: www.mauiownercondos.com

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

I never recommend Haleakala Shores for visitors. It's a residential apartment complex that looks like any other residential complex on the mainland.

Mill Creek...
Level Contributor
79 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

Thanks! Someone I work with just recommended Honua Kau too.

Mill Creek...
Level Contributor
79 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for condo that will sleep 5 and close to beach.

Papakea in north Ka'anapali is the one condo I've found too! It will sleep 5 and is reasonably priced. Seems like a good location too. Looks like renting from VRBO is a way better deal than on site through Aston. I'm nervous about the construction they're doing though.