We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations/suggestions for large group

Sacramento...
3 posts
Save Topic
Accomodations/suggestions for large group

My husband's company is in the planning stage of their top producer trip next Spring, and I have offered to do some research. They're currently considering Hawaii and Mexico, so I would like to put together a few different scenarios for them to choose from. In Mexico, I'm looking at All-inclusive resorts or large vacation rentals with chef services. However, since Hawaii doesn't have AI's or vacation rentals large enough to allow for each of the 8 couples to have their own room and bath, (none within our budget anyway!), then I was hoping someone might have hotel/condo suggestions for Maui or possibly Oahu. A property with a spa or the ability to make arrangements for spa services is definitely a must. Top of the line accomodations are probably not in the budget, (no more than $400 a night per room), but something on the nicer end is desired. I'm hoping that someone out there has had experience and success with traveling to Hawaii with a large group and can offer some helpful tips. Thanks!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,109 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations/suggestions for large group

With that kind of a budget, 400.00 a night, you could probably stay in any of the resorts along Ka'anapali Beach. What month are you thinking of? March is still busy because the whales are still around, but also, every school on the mainland is having spring break some time during March it seems!

Each couple should be able to get their own room too. Honu Kai is a nice place, north of Black Rock, with kitchens. Makes breakfast easier to deal with, and evening drinks on the lanai is always nice too. It is actually the newest place along that stretch of beach. Not sure about the spa though.

Grand Wailea definitely has a spa! It's in South Maui, and has fantastic pools, a kid magnet though...

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodations/suggestions for large group

Don't go to Mexico.

The Outrigger Eldorado is a condo behind the Sheraton at Black Rock along Kaanapali Beach. There is shopping at Whaler's Village with restaurants. I don't think the hotel has a spa onsite, but what they do is send people off site for a work out room. They do have a nice pool above the parking garage, and smaller pools around the property. It's located on a golf course.

The splurge property would be the Outrigger Kapalua Villas which is to the north. This property has "The Spa" which is a workout room and treatment center. You could look into 1 bedroom units, that's what we did. Staying at the Kapalua Villas gives you access to "The Spa (workout room for free) and it's only a short walk down to Kapalua Beach. I parked my car at this location and walked a couple times. This is probably what you're looking for. It's a staffed location, with treatments, workout room, showers, and a healthy juice bar.

If you want to see a picture of the work out room, scroll down my page here.

http://www.nogodforme.com/MauiHawaii2011.htm

We actually stayed in a 2 bedroom at the Kapalua Villas, the place was huge. It's also on a golf course, very fancy. Book during the off season for better rates. Whale season is December to May, that's when rates would be higher. If you were to book something for Sep-Oct, rates should be lower. No whales, but you'll get to see dolphins and turtles.

Edited: 13 July 2012, 13:18
Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,165 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodations/suggestions for large group

Kapalua? Wailea? Kaanapali?

If this is EARLY spring, The Ritz at Kapalua might have some specials. You might get ocean-view rooms at Marriott Wailea. In Kaanapali, the Sheraton is always popular, and the Honua Kai is another fine idea for something *newer*. (Your guests could even have the option of bringing kids to HK.)

Busy time on Maui -- end of whale season and lots of snowbirds in residence. Get any vehicles reserved very soon.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodations/suggestions for large group

Honua Kai offers condo accommodations (but still has all the hotel amenities) and a recent guest of ours had a chef come in to make dinner for their family there as well as grocery delivery before their arrival. You can definitely get rooms for under $400 in the spring (one bedroom condos) if you book early and having the kitchens may help you save on food. The onsite Concierge is great and should be able help you with a chef recommendation for the night. Duke's Beach House is also right onsite and would be a perfect spot for a welcome dinner or on your last night without having to go anywhere.

Level Contributor
34,226 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodations/suggestions for large group

Another vote for Honua Kai! :)

Sacramento...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodations/suggestions for large group

Thanks for all of the suggestions! Honua Kai looks wonderful, as do all of the places mentioned. Also, good to know that hiring a personal chef is an option. If the company doesn't end up going there, I definitely will someday!

7. Re: Accomodations/suggestions for large group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 20:17