We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best condo in Kahana area

Everson, WA
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best condo in Kahana area

My husband and I are trying to plan a trip to Maui in January. We are leaving our kids home!! We have stayed at the Hololani in the past and really like it, but since it's just me and him, we want to save money and get a studio but we really liked the area of Kahana or in that general area. We want something on the quiet side and smaller resort feel with great ocean views and preferably a nice pool. We would like somewhere with a beach. We want to try to keep the price around $200 a night. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Rainbow City...
Level Contributor
79 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best condo in Kahana area

We just got back (TODAY :-( ) from a 9 day trip t Maui and stayed at the Royal Kahana. It was our first trip there and the condo was great! Check out VRBO 408343 The owner was great to work with and we got it for HALF of what we would pay for condo here at our own Orange Beach (AL). Recently updated with really nice cabinets, furniture, tile in the bathroom and it was a one bedroom (much better than a studio if one of you likes to get up earlier than the other). Beautiful sunset views! Since you say you want to stay in Kahana, I think you would really like it!

Have to get my trip review written when I recuperate from the flight home....left last night and got home late this afternoon!!!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,311 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best condo in Kahana area

Kahana Village is our favorite followed by the Kahana Sunset.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/maui/mau…

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best condo in Kahana area

Check out Kahana Reef too....an oldie but a goodie! Have fun sans kids!

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best condo in Kahana area

Hololani - every unit an ocean view.

San Rafael...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best condo in Kahana area

Aloha.

We just got back from The Pohailani Maui Resort in Kahana. We stayed for 2 weeks in unit 201 Pohailani and we had the best time ever. The studio was right on the water and the views of the ocean were unbelievable. We had a full kitchen, washer and dryer and a great king bed. The place was very bright and welcoming and most important, the price was very reasonable (low $100's) which left us plenty of change to go on a snorkeling cruise, and enjoy some of the local eateries.

We loved the mellow feel in Kahana and a big part of our enjoyment of Maui was our oceanfront condo at the Pohailani.

Edited: 08 March 2013, 22:56
San Rafael...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best condo in Kahana area

Aloha.

We just got back from The Pohailani Maui Resort in Kahana. We stayed for 2 weeks in unit 201 Pohailani and we had the best time ever. The studio was right on the water and the views of the ocean were unbelievable. We had a full kitchen and a great bed. The place was very bright and welcoming and most important, the price was very reasonable (low $100's) which left us plenty of change to go on a snorkeling cruise, and enjoy some of the local eateries.

We booked through this web site:

https://www.facebook.com/201pohailani

We loved the mellow romantic feel in Kahana and a big part of our enjoyment of Maui was our oceanfront condo at the Pohailani.

Edited: 08 March 2013, 23:00
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best condo in Kahana area

Are you planning to post a trip report, Jean? We'll be staying at the Kahana Village (just up the beach from Pohailani) in May, so I'd be interested in the details of your stay in Kahana.

8. Re: Best condo in Kahana area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 06:18