We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

Planning a special night for my wife's 50th BD and need a little guidance. Both these shows have very good reviews so it's making it difficult to decide. Thanks for any input...

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,970 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

OLL is a typical buffet, sit at communal tables luau.

Feast at Lele is white clothed tables on your own with you own waiter. Feast at Lele for a special dinner.

Madison, Alabama
Level Contributor
149 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

Helpful hint: you've not mentioned dates, but I booked our Feast at least 3 weeks ago for December!!! When I brought up their site to book, there were only 2 nights still available for our week in December.

We hate buffets & crowds, so we chose Feast, but it's much smaller so books much faster.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
575 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

Very different experiences. Check the menus for both and read the reviews in detail. I loved both and it really depends on what's most important to you.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

Thanks for help..I hope I can get a table as we are going in Oct. and thought I had lots of time to book it. I'm leaning towards the Feast,would prefer the more intimate setting over the bigger buffet style.

Level Contributor
34,218 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

Feast at Lele is amazing. We requested seats front and center when I made our reservation and the request was honored! This luau totally exceeded all of our expectations. :)

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

Feast of Lele is my choice. Smaller group, served your food at the table,

and more of a relaxed evening. You will be closer to the stage.

Lahaina, Hawaii...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

Both are very nice but they are different experiences. We typically recommend our guests go to Feast of Lele if you are looking for a more romantic, intimate location. As others have mentioned, you get your own table and tableside service at the feast vs. buffet and OLL.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

Make sure you look at the menu for the Feast before committing. It's very eclectic. That is the only reason I won't go, the food would be wasted on me!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,106 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

I'm with msfuzz... but if you like what you see on their menu, then yes, for a special BD, go with the Feast.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Lahaina Luau or Feast at Lele ?

Booked the Feast! The only day that was unavailable in Oct. was on my wife's BD. I decided to book the day before. Now I need to figure out plan B for her BD...any suggestions?..thanks for all the feed back..very helpful!