We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat help.

Utah
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to eat help.

We are leaving in 4 days, I am so excited! Since I am obsessed with food and like to plan my vacations around where we are eating, I was wanting some help with filling in the blanks in our itinerary with meals. Anyone want to help?

Here is a brief outline of our itineray-

Day 1- arrive 5:30 pm

Day 2- sunrise at Haleakala

Day 3- Feast @Lele

Day 4- Swap meet and maybe ziplining

Day 5- Road to Hana

Day 6-

Day 7- Mama's Fish House

Day 8- leave in the evening

The only definite meals we have out Mama's and Feast @ Lele. I do know that I want to fit in Coconut's at some point. Thanks for all your help!

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,725 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat help.

Where are you staying so don't send you to places on the other side of the island?

Utah
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat help.

West Maui- Noelani Condos to be exact :)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat help.

Where are you planning on doing zip lining? That and the swap meet might not work. I would do the sunrise and then a zip line right down the road.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat help.

The Whalers' Village has several restaurants, Lelilan's upstairs, downstairs, Hula Grill, nearby, Roy's.

The Front St. in Lahaina has lots of restaurants, Pacific O and IO are the better ones, Kimo's, Longhi's, and others.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,007 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat help.

Mama's would not be a definite in my book if you are obsessed with food. DUO, Spago, Merriman's, Roy's, David Paul's Island Grill, Hali'imaile General Store, Plantation House and Gerrard's would all top it from a food standpoint.

Mama's is a nice setting, has good food and does a nice job, but not so much as a foodie experience.

Where are you staying and how many people are going?

Edited: 28 July 2012, 21:34
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,807 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat help.

There is a restaurant section on this link:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29220-s2/Maui:Hawaii…

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat help.

Aloha Mixed Plate and Star Noodle! Kid friendly, affordable and awesome food! No view at Star Noodle but shared plate food good for families! Wonderful views at awesome Alige Mixed Plate. Have fun! Deb

Utah
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat help.

Just me and hubby. Going to Mama's more for sentimental reasons. Dh's mom always went there when she went to Hawaii, she recently passed and DH wants to go. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat help.

Do try the Coconuts fish taco........ VERY good!

Looking forward to hearing more about Noelani, I have next May booked in unit 215 so please let us know how you like your stay there!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat help.

Well if you haven't been to Mama's yourselves, you're in for a treat. Sorry about your husband's mom. We went for the first time this spring for our 30th and loved the food and relaxed, beautiful setting and atmosphere. We simply ignored the prices and enjoyed our meal.

I just assumed from your id you would have kids with you! Have fun just the two of you. :-) Deb