We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali to Pa'ia

San Diego...
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kaanapali to Pa'ia

Any suggestions for stops/sights along the way from Kaanapali to Pa'ia so we can make the trip more interesting? Is it even worth the drive just for dinner and some shopping?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaanapali to Pa'ia

Did you not see reply's on your other thread?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60636-i3097-k5667…

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,015 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaanapali to Pa'ia

Here's some suggestions in the other thread that you posted: tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g60636-i3097-k56676…

Have you been up Haleakala yet? If not, you could make a longer trip out of it and finish off with dinner at Mama's (which I think you said was where your dinner reservation is?)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaanapali to Pa'ia

Thanks. Sorry I did not see the other post. Doing this on my iPad and it didn't look like my first post ever made it. Appreciate the advice

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaanapali to Pa'ia

I wouldn't think of Mama's Fish House as "just for dinner"! It's an experience unto itself! The entire restaurant and beach that it faces are truly lovely; then there's the food; oh my goodness! I know there are mixed opinions about whether their food is over-rated. I went in with very critical tastebuds because I hadn't been a real fan of seafood and didn't want to pay really high prices for just average food. I left Mama's as a BIG fan of crab cakes and Mahi-Mahi and we all thought ALL the food was absolutely delicious and worth the price. As soon as next year's trip to Maui is booked, I think I'm going to count the days until our meal at Mama's, as well as the days until arrival!!

Plus, Paia is a town with a personality all its own! I don't think you'll regret the trip at all, but instead be really glad you went!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaanapali to Pa'ia

Thanks. That's what I thought so we're looking forward to it!

6. Re: Kaanapali to Pa'ia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 17:17