We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

Hello Everyone! I'm new here, I hope you can give me some advice, Im planning to get married in Four seasons Maui or Hualalai next year, the problem is i've never been in Maui or Big island, Just oahu, and I love both hotels as for What I see in Pictures but never been in any of them.

I really dont know what to do? Which one is better for a wedding?

Hope you can help

Thank you.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,696 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

Four Seasons Hualalai is probably the nicest hotel in Hawaii right now. For me the deciding factor would probably be the airfare costs. If there is not a significant difference go with the Four Seasons Hualalai.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

Do you have guests coming? If so I would probably choose the Four Seasons Maui because there is more reasonable accommodations close by.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

I have around 15 or 18 Guests, all of them coming from europe.

It would help to have other hotels close by.... Its hard to choose from this 2 places, also knowing wich Island offers better beaches, restaurants and things to see.would help.

California
Level Contributor
6,547 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

As much as I love The Big Island, I think most of your guests from Europe would be expecting a more tropical setting like Maui. I would never recommend The Big Island for a first time visitor to Hawaii. Like I said, I love The Big Island but it's not for everyone.

Edited: 14 August 2012, 17:33
San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

With 15-18 guests and not knowing their budgets...I would stick with Maui. Maui has more beaches and a lot more restaurants.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,696 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

Yes, with 15-18 guests coming, the Four Seasons Maui makes more sense and I'd also consider very seriously Halekulani or the Kahala Resort on Oahu as you can navigate Oahu without a rental car, on Maui your guests would need to rent cars most likely.

http://www.halekulani.com/living/weddings/

www.kahalaresort.com/weddings/weddings.cfm

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

Yes I'm planning to spend 5 days is Maui and 7 in Oahu, I really hope there are afordable places in Wailea. I have to Stay at the four seasons because of the wedding but i dont want to make all my guests stay there.

Renting a van shouldnt be very expensive, I dont know what to spect, im excited though....

loved Oahu and I hope I love Maui as well, Im just nervous and wanna make sure everything goes perfect, my parents are coming for the first time and want them to experience What i felt the first time I Put my feet in Hawaii.

I need to find out things to be entertained those 5 days.

Thanks for all your help , its great to read all your comments.

Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

Wailea is not known for its bargains, maybe the Marriott or Hotel Wailea are less expensive, but Wailea is considered a higher end area, but it does have far more choices than the Island of Hawaii, but not as many as Oahu.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

But right down the street from Wailea is Kihei which is where you will find cheaper lodgings.

10. Re: Wedding at FS maui or FS Hualalai???? Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 22:17