We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what happened to kaiwahine??

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
what happened to kaiwahine??

It has been 5 years since my last visit to maui (last 3 trips were to kauai) When I was a more of a regular stalking the Maui forum, Kaiwahine was a destination expert. Just wondering where she went :)

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,843 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what happened to kaiwahine??

She just stopped posting, don't really know what happened. After it had been over a year since she posted, TA withdrew her DE status.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what happened to kaiwahine??

weird- hope she is doing well. She was always helpful, as you are too msfuzz and the other Maui DE's.

where did Budweiser "Bud" go? He was not a DE but I remember how he could everyone's panties in a bunch!

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,985 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what happened to kaiwahine??

He was before my time, but if you do a search of "Budweiser" in the search box, the first thread that shows up pretty much explains it :)

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,600 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what happened to kaiwahine??

Oh, yes. Bud. What memories.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: what happened to kaiwahine??

you made me search "budweiser" and all I can say is - how things have changed.

Edited: 08 September 2012, 11:58
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,843 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what happened to kaiwahine??

Bud kept reincarnating himself. Almira, Rusty Harpoon, Oxidized Javelin, are just a few I can remember off the top of my head. Then nothing. Sometimes we think he's back but never really pans out!!

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what happened to kaiwahine??

Rumor has it that the fine folks of Malaysia finally tired of our ill mannered pal, Bud....& strapped him to a raft made from empty Anheuser-Busch cans & a dozen or so of Caddy's donated pink speedos sewed into a sail..

He was last seen floating off the coast of Somalia cursing at pirates for their abysmal grammar usage...

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what happened to kaiwahine??

I miss kaiwahine.

Bud not so much.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what happened to kaiwahine??

I remember rusty harpoon and oxidized javelin too! What if Bud was happy Caddyshackmans alter ego? hmmmmm. I see Caddy post now and then though in his pink speedo :)

Still hoping to find out what happened to kaiwahine...

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,877 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: what happened to kaiwahine??

LOL...you see me post NOW AND THEN...I am here almost every day. When you can say that then you might be able to respond about whatever....why bring up the past anyway? I don't think it serves us well nor you either.