We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

Hi All,

My extended family of 10 (8 adults, 2 children) are trying to pull together a trip to Maui for early January (around Jan 5 to 12). Ideally we are looking for condos, as it would be nice to have a kitchen for the kids, and extra space for everyone. Was thinking two 2BR lock-off units would work well with our groups (3 couples, and one family of 4). I have stayed at the Westin Kaanapali Villas (north) and really liked it there, so this is one option (we have found a few potential units to rent). However, we are also looking at the villas at Marriott Ocean Club; only problem is that we are having trouble locating available units. Besides Redweek and VRBO, are there any other rental sites you recommend? Also, besides the Westin and Marriott, are there any other condos along these lines that you would recommend? We know we are short on time, and unfortunately this is the only week that works for our large group, but we would really appreciate any suggestions!! Thanks!

Angela

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,433 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

Did you check out the Honua Kai? Plug your dates into www.chasenrainbows.com and see what hits.

You might also look at The Whaler, Kaanapali Alii and Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,023 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

I agree with Mamma's suggestions ... have a look at this site as well for availability & pricing: www.kaanapalibeachrentals.com/index.php

... would also check VRBO where you'll find lots of Honua Kai listings. HK is the next resort north of the Westin Villas & is only a few years old. Reviews are consistently very good.

Texas
Level Contributor
816 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

Have you tried homeaway web site?

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

Althbough I am usually a "do it myself" person, this sounds like a time to enlist the aid of on-island experts. I had trouble finding January lodging, and I was searching several months ago.

It sounds as if you want West Maui? Chasenrainbows has already been mentioned. I would also check with Sullivan Properties: www.mauiresorts.com.

I believe I would call in addition to the online search. You might have trouble finding units with vacancies for your total stay. An agent can help minimize the hassles if you have to move during your visit.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
53,746 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

Aloha,

Other management companies which are good include Quam Properties, Harris Property Management, and Kaanapali Beachfront Rentals.

Williams Lake...
Level Contributor
29 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

You could also try VRBO, it has worked for us.

Clarendon Hills...
Level Contributor
173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

i heardrbo had a security breach recently; hopefully fixed; but: http://www.alohacondos.com/maui seems to have some nice choices. Enjoy !

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

we really liked napali point but it's fairly isolated. one restaurant within walking distance.

9. Re: Trying to find a condo for Jan. 2013 (need recommendations!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 08:17