We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Lanai Suggestions

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Lanai Suggestions

Help! I've been doing so much research trying to select the best excursion trip to Lanai from Maui, my head is throbbing. I would like to hear personal favorites / not-so-favorites. I have been looking at The Original Discover Lanai package by Trilogy and the Teralani Lanai package. We will be in Maui in early May (yes, I like to plan WAY ahead) and we love, love, love to snorkel...with sailing our next favorite activity. Suggestions? Also, who has the best sunset cruise? Any suggestions will definitely help my poor head. :) Mahalo!

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Lanai Suggestions

barb,

we loved the trilogy lana'i catamaran snorkel trip. you can also take the short van tour of the island.

the sail to and from was my favorite part. on the way over, a pod of spinner dolphins surrounded us. very cool!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Lanai Suggestions

I've taken Trilogy to Lanai. Great company. I've also gone with Paragon which would be my favorite. They only take 25 people, we sailed both ways and the deep blue water swim was out of this world.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Lanai Suggestions

The way to get the longest time on the island would be to take the ferry.

Then walk to the marine reserve beach.

Trilogy has the sailing, bbqing, tour to the town,snorkel equipment etc.

If you take the tour to the city it does not give you much time for snorkeling.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to Lanai Suggestions

Yes, I'd agree with Jimgloria.

We have been to Lanai twice, once with Trilogy, and once with the ferry.

We love Lanai, and enjoyed both trips.

Trilogy cost about $160 per person, Ferry cost about $60 per person.

If you take the ferry, you will actually have more time to relax and spend on the beach. The snorkeling on this beach is awesome. With Trilogy, we went on their island van tour, which did not leave with much time on the beach and snorkeling.

If you want to be taken care of all day, then you should go with Trilogy or another sailing company. If you want to do it yourself, and save some money, then go with the ferry. If you go with the ferry, you might want to pack a picnic lunch, there is just one restaurant within walking distance at the Four Seasons there.

5. Re: Day Trip to Lanai Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 06:19