We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,086 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

Greetings! I would appreciate any comments on the dining venues at the Westin Ka‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas ... breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Also - is it a simple to walk to Duke's at Honua Kai?

I'm interested in breakfast and dinner favorites north of Black Rock. I have a bit of a list going ... but am always open.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,573 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

5 minutes up the boardwalk to Duke's maybe 10 minutes walk south to Castaway Cafe at MKV.

Pulehu at the Villas is good but pricy and the Ocean Bar and Grill can be hit or miss...it was quite good in Feb. Daily drink specials are great at the pool bar on the north side.

The free shuttles offer more options in Whaler's and Lahaina.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,409 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

I agree with Momma. The food is decent at Pulehu but there is little atmosphere and it ain't cheap. I'm not a fan of Duke's either. I guess I don't think there is any good restaurant north of Black Rock. When we;re at the Villas we either grill or we hop the shuttle into Lahaina.

The WKORV south does a decent breakfast buffet, But it's hard to beat coffee and POG and mangoes and papayas on your own lanai.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

Had a great sunset dinner at Dukes for our first dinner in Maui.Hula Grill was fun for lunch and dinner. Live music at both.There is a gourmet market at Honua Kai called Aina which has healthier choices, pricey but very good. Trying Feast at Lele tonight and Merrimans tomorrow ! Whaler VIllage is walking distance from the Westin Kaanapali. Great atmosphere on the boardwalk...

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
56,544 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

Aloha,

BL, keep an eye out for specials at Pulehu, they've been running a lot (it's slow time). They have also been getting much better talk than they were. Have friends who've been very pleased with their meals there recently.

Castaways ain't fancy, but the food is solid and it is a great laid back place with an incredible setting. Breakfast and lunch are IMO better than dinner.

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

I've been to their casual Pailolo Bar & Grill a few times - pau hana hr daily from 4 to 6. Much prefer Duke's, but nice to have a casual option on site should you wish to grab a quick bite or a cocktail while enjoying a nice view..

Henry Kapono at Duke's on Nov 23 if you'll still be on island..

Aloha, NKO

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
764 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

Well I can tell you that we are big fans of the all you can eat Dungeness crab Wednesdays nights at the Ocean Grill restaurant.

Crab feast Wednesdays is either snow crab or the much more delectable Dungeness for $44.95 / person, reservations required.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,086 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

Thanks, everyone!

(I'll be off-Island by Thanksgiving, but I am check Duke's entertainment calendar.)

Betty Lou

Edited: 08 October 2012, 19:30
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

Castaway Cafe is one of our longtime favorites. Not only is the food good (simple fare, but well-prepared and ample portions) but the wine list has the best selection AND prices on Maui.

If you're a wine buff, you'll appreciate the likes of Kistler chardonnay at $72, Fiddlehead sauvignon blanc at $42, Beaux Freres pinot noir at about $80, Carlisle zinfandel at $62, Bonacorssi pinot noir at $58.... For a treat, they have several BV Private Reserves from the '90s, all under $200!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,086 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

LOL! Thanks, OregonJohn ... but you may have found the only non-drinker on the Forum!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for comments on dining at Westin VILLAS.

Not to worry BLBL. More for me and my wino friends! :-D