We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GPS navigation

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
GPS navigation

We have AT&T's navigator on our phone and Iphone navigator. Both work fabulously here but just wondering if anyone has used either in Maui.

Thanks,

Ellen

Bel Air, Maryland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: GPS navigation

I used my verizon and it seemed to work everywhere on Maui (which is ironic cause here at home, well ... it cant get me home on some days LOL)

David

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GPS navigation

Maui is small enough that GPS is rarely needed there. However, we've had some very entertaining moments listing to the turn by turn directions trying (and failing hysterically) to pronounce the Hawaiian street names. Especially when it's set to the Brittish voice :-)

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GPS navigation

Not really needed on Maui until you get upcountry and there are so many turns and switchbacks you'll get turned around. You don't get lost, but you can sure get twisted around

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GPS navigation

True, GPS is unnecessary in Maui. Even in Upcountry with lots of little backroads, just keep heading downhill and eventually you'll wind up in Paia or Kahului. You really can't get hopelessly lost, even if you try!

5. Re: GPS navigation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 11:18